Security Installer Community

3 Panic Buttons

sven

post-5743-1198261997_thumb.jpg

Finally

:rolleyes:

thanks spider,

it is a known wiring method to me, but i have never heard of that expression to describe it before, and i was just a tad worried i'd been left behind by you younger 'turks' :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

thanks for that

now if you just said you put the alarm resistor across all 3 PA's i would have known what you mean (those of us familar with Europlex (aplex etc) will know that you have to use this method on a zone with more than one contact (ie a double set of doors) or it won,t work (i tried it the 'normal' way (alarm resistor across each contact) and when you open more than one door at a time it goes t*** up!!! :angry2:

p

on tunstal CPA6 you were allowed 5 contacts using a bridge resistor per contact, panel showed "contact+" to indicate more than one door open. Gardtec also allows but not sure what the limit is but think also 5.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
Gardtec also allows but not sure what the limit is but think also 5.

regs

alan

not now it doesnt, once you select EN2 the stupid panel see`s mask / fault even if you don`t select a ELF type

on tunstal CPA6 you were allowed 5 contacts using a bridge resistor per contact, panel showed "contact+" to indicate more than one door open. Gardtec also allows but not sure what the limit is but think also 5.

regs

alan

now the question is would that be in parallel or series lol( i think arfur will get the joke)

was not having a dig in any way, :cold2: just misunderstood the reply myself, so what chance a diyer.....

i would also agree that each pa ideally should be on its own circuit, but . the gentleman only has one zone left......

HI EVERYONE,LOOKS LIKE I GOT YOU ALL THINKING!I AM WIRING A LOAD OF TOWNHOUSE'S AND I TRIED ALL THE WAYS I KNOW AND EVEN ASKED COLLEAGUES WHO SCRATCHED THERE HEAD A BIT.

I HAVE LITERALLY ONE ZONE LEFT TO PUT 3 PA'S ON AND WANTED TO AVOID PUTTING RES IN THE PANEL DUE TO THE SITE MAY BE VISITED BY NACOSS AND I DONT THINK THEY WOULD LIKE THAT!

THANKS FOR YOUR TIPS AND DRAWINGS.

SVEN (MCFC)

LOL - have a good Christmas mate

you to.

had an idiot at the trade counter the other day, was telling another 'installer' that selection is because they have started selling in europe and if your in the UK you press BS and EN if in europe. :P tit

Guest anguscanplay
Fit a panel with enough zones to allow for expansion. If the tight //.B.W.F.// customer won't pay tell em to phone 'Staple and Go' alarms down the road.

well now that is a question - that was asked early on but got " modded " as not been relevant - "is this for yourself or for gain Mr O/P...."

but we do use the EN to justify the latest price hike LOL

Archived