Security Installer Community

Pir Positioning Advice And Best Practices

kuchars22

Beg to differ, actually - Dual Technology detection was around 30 years ago -

Racal, among other lesser known names such as Franklyn (remember Fanklyn who made the forerunner to the JB Bentley panels?) - made and sold dual tec devices containing an ultrasonic detector and an active microwave detector. In Racal's case they developed it into the Gemini in the 80's, which sold in large numbers.

Regards,

Well I wondered how long it would take someone to get the wrong end of what I said, DualTecs not Dual Tecs, get the difference? What I said is correct.

Now sorry, but it's Franken Systems, not Franklyn, want some paperwork? :rolleyes:

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

well all this fighting over dualtec dual-tecs ended up dueltechy's :rolleyes:

actually i claim to have thought of and actually installed the 1st dual technology detection, at Ratners, Southend-on-Sea (job no longer exists mods) to the loft space, site was under the railway bridge used to go off regular 4 - 5 times a week, so totally tits'd off at being called out and moaned at, i paralleled a MESL mwd with an AES ultrasonic, result was silence.

week later, Supervisor noticed the job had been quiet and so checked, after my visit there was no more false alarms. i get called in eplained, got dressed down and hauled over the coals (and you can guess just how heated that conversation was). joke was, i had it signed for by the shop manager, but I got sent back and in my own time i.e. unpaid to remove the additional 'expensive' sonar, simply based unit cost.

feck all consideration of service man hours, clients keyholders overtime and Police Blacklisting

that night false alarms again started up again, looking for vengeance, each time it did i phoned this supervisor and invited him to join me, as i was obviously not capable enough ;) , on the 4th call-out (an hour after the 3rd one) at 4 am on a freezing cold night, we reinstalled the sonar, nothing was ever wrote down - but i got paid my overtime to stop me from causing him more embarrassment :P

Reg's

Alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Well I wondered how long it would take someone to get the wrong end of what I said, DualTecs not Dual Tecs, get the difference? What I said is correct.

Now sorry, but it's Franken Systems, not Franklyn, want some paperwork? :rolleyes:

Hmm. Dualtec? As in what's now Honeywell Dualtec? Or as in some other "Dualtec"? Trouble with using pseudo brand names is that you know what you're talking about - not everyone else does. That's the thing, Dualtec, though registered and protected (now) by Honeywell, formerly by CK, is that it's a bit like calling your Dyson a Hoover - it ain't.

So, if you mean "wrong end of what you said" to equate to "I didn't make myself especially clear" then, yes - I get the difference.

If you mean Dualtec as in Honeywell Dualtec (formerly CK Dualtec) then what you said is correct, more or less. The first "Dualtec" launched by CK was introduced in 1979, after approximately two years testing - so arguably, "Dualtec" detectors existed 30 years ago - though were not available 30 years ago.

Now, you're also choosing to be picky about a name from over twenty years ago - okay, Franken, Franklyn - whatever. At least, *you* knew what *I* was talking about without (much) confusion...... :Whip::Whip: I will flaggelate myself indefinitely for mis-recalling that name.

Regards,

:cheersbeer.gif

Bill Boyd.

Core Fire and Security.

www.corefire.co.uk

0845 224 6072

Archived