Security Installer Community

Castle Care Tech 1600 Nvm Reset Procedure

Hi, my name is Paul and this is my first ( and hopefully siccessful)post on this forum. I install and maintain alarm systems in the Warwickshire area. I need to reset a Castle Care tech 1600 (installed 1999 , built in keypad) for a new owner of a property. They have no user code and so cannot use the system. I have an installation manual but there is no mention of how to reset to factory defaults. Has anyone out there any experience of resetting the NVM?

Hi Paul, if you apply for trade status on the site if your trade then we will be able to help, because this post is in the public side of the site we can't give out defaulting information as it breaks the sites rules regarding information.

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Hi Paul, if you apply for trade status on the site if your trade then we will be able to help, because this post is in the public side of the site we can't give out defaulting information as it breaks the sites rules regarding information.

Thanks for that I will apply for trade status as you recommended.

• 7 years later...

I am hoping you are still an active user, as I also need this information.

I am hoping you are still an active user, as I also need this information.

He hasnt posted in nearly 2 years, and afraid we still dont give out this information on the public side of the forums.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

resetting the nvm is in the engineer manual

thanks for the response. I have the installation manual and all its says about the NVM is information is held and retained indefinitely. No mention on how to refresh it. Is this information available.

He hasnt posted in nearly 2 years, and afraid we still dont give out this information on the public side of the forums.

is it possible to PM the information? Thank you

You need to look for the section on 'downpowering' the panel, which in the absence of becoming a trade member on the site is what you should possibly be thinking about at the moment. Trade membership offers far more.

Edited by charlie6