Security Installer Community

Battery Refurbishment

Baracus

Ive two dud Panasonic 24V batteries for my cordless and I've the number of a crowd that will refurbish them. Has anyone had this done before and if so was it worth the hassle?

my nearly best mate swears by this, run the batteries down completely flat i.e. nada voltage current, then stick them in a freezer for 24 hours, then recharge for 18 hours solid to revive them

i've never tried it, but he is into remote controlled cars with his son in a big way

so why not?

regs

alan

(no batteries were harmed in the making of this commercial :unsure: )

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Ive two dud Panasonic 24V batteries for my cordless and I've the number of a crowd that will refurbish them. Has anyone had this done before and if so was it worth the hassle?

I always try to rebuild them myself first, sometimes they are easy!

Something else I just thought of, "sometimes" if a cell is down on voltage within the battery the charger will reject it as a shorted cell. I had this with some old Bosch batteries, if you can stick them on a suitable sized car battery, or two depending on voltage then leave them to "balance" for a while then try charging. If they do charge what you can do is crack open both packs and test the voltage across each cell (under a small load like a lamp) and find the duff cells. Swop the good with the bad and hey presto a good as new battery pack. I have done this with some very expensive laptop packs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Interesting Arfur, the only thing is my charger cuts off after the charge time so it mightn't charge for 18hours!!

just give it a go, as nothing to loose and might still work :unsure:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived