Security Installer Community

Nokia N95 Add-ons

morgan306

Thanks for the link jp. If anyone else is interested, I have found an add-on that allows the ir port to be used like a 4in1 remote type thing, and control tv's and the like.

Maybe I'm just a geek.

Baracus, I've had mine a month now, the only bad point the battery,if your on the blower a lot, it will definately need a nightly charge. Other than that, it's a great phone.

Light sabre gadget (pointless, but funny) = http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/6...Light_Sabre.php

All in one remote control = http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/6...lly_appears.php

There is plently of stuff to read up on allaboutsymian.com

Something useful for business users or sole traders,not just on the N95 but also some other mobiles (Samsung G600/SE K850i)is push email using a google mail or gmail account ,all you need to do is enable IMAP in your google account and set up your phone,email is then pushed to your handset blackberry style,though not as quick. Very useful. I have set this up on some colleagues handsets and tested how quick the mail gets through in comparison to my Blackberry google mail pushs about 3-4 minutes slower than Blackberry,but its free apart from GPRS charges to your mobile bill.

Guest Cerberus NI
Baracus, I've had mine a month now, the only bad point the battery,if your on the blower a lot, it will definately need a nightly charge. Other than that, it's a great phone.

Light sabre gadget (pointless, but funny) = http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/6...Light_Sabre.php

All in one remote control = http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/6...lly_appears.php

There is plently of stuff to read up on allaboutsymian.com

I was talking to a guy in Vodaphone about the N95 and he said that the battery "life" is a real issue.He had a customer who complained that he felt that there was a fault with it,it was sent off to Nokia who responded by sending him a spare battery so they are aware of it.

He also advised me to stay away from any N range phone as they (IHO) were trying to do too much at the one time and so were prone to freezing etc. - now why didn't he tell me that when I got my N73???

Strange, my N95 hasn't froze up once yet (touches wood!). My phone was charged last night,and I only received about 3 calls today, and send/received about 25 messages,plus messing around with the tv remote add-on, and a quick game of snakes, and I have gone down one bar on battery life, so it's not so bad.

Talking of firmware,time to hook your N95 up to a PC,took this from another forum:

'*NEW* N95-1 Firmware Available NOW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get Updating!!!!

This was taken from AAS

Changes in the new firmware

New Welcome application

New camera software and tweaks from the 8GB model - FAR faster shot to shot time, with 'Processing image message' during any delays

Long press on camera button launches camera if shutter is open

New My Nokia SMS tips and mobile web portal system

Demand paging (for ROM applications) with 30 plus MB free RAM after booting.

Search 4.0 integration on standby screen.

Old multimedia menu still there, i.e. it's not the new style

N-Gage game previews (FIFA, Asphalt) and portal/shortcut to upcoming N-Gage client, as in N81 and N95 8GB

Nokia Music Store client, although the store server hasn't been updated to handle the N95 yet - maybe this'll happen later today

Keypress bug gone(!), I think

No auto-screen rotation, looks like I was wrong predicting this, so we need Samir's RotateMe after all - someone please help him get this signed ASAP!'

• 8 months later...

This thread a bit stale. But Garmin Mobile XT is pretty good, plus it uses the built in GPS.

Tip for anyone who things the GPS reciever isn't that great... Make sure you have the latest firmware as the later revisions use A-GPS,

and make sure the slider is open as the GPS antenna is underneath the keypad.

Archived