Security Installer Community

Outside Ringer

edyjchan

Hi,

can anyone help me please......my outside ringer and blue siren not working when i let the alarm off but my inside ringer fine. I tested my outside ringer by tampering it...it rang. can you tell me what's wrong? thanks

could be a programming issue i.e. set to delayed bells (in error perhaps) or a wrongly connected siren. you might just sus it out yourself, but me thinks you need a trained engineer to sort it out properly - so your call.

post your district and some one i'm sure will contact you

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay

you didnt let it set then time it all the way back in - have you got a panic button? press that and see if it still doesnt sound and flash

you didnt let it set then time it all the way back in - have you got a panic button? press that and see if it still doesnt sound and flash

Angus, i read that about 10 times - and i'm still confused. is it a 'North of Watford thing?

what Angus was trying to say (excuse him - he is from Barcelona) is the alarm has to be fully armed before any activation will cause the external sirens to sound. exception is on personal attack buttons.

some panels will signal with the strobe on tamper/need reset, but the external bell/siren should not operate on a simple tamper while unset (if wired correctly).

if you are returning home to find the internal siren only is sounding with no strobe, this may be after an activation, and the bell timer has timed out after a preset period, and before your arrival home.

so again you might sort it out yourself, but i think you need an engineer who understands alarm systems to check it out properly.

regs

Alan

Made sense to me, not far South-West of Watford. i.e. try your PA as it's immediate. :rolleyes:

sorry andy, with those neighbours of yours (in Windsor) able to speak only in an unintelligible language or not able do do up their own fly- you barred :banned:

:lol:

regs

alan

Archived