Security Installer Community

Cable Tacker

morgan306

Not really a gadget as such, but I was wondering which staple gun/cable tacker you recommend. I don't use them often, but they are ideal when fixing cables under carpets etc.

Any suggestions, or links?

Not really a gadget as such, but I was wondering which staple gun/cable tacker you recommend. I don't use them often, but they are ideal when fixing cables under carpets etc.

Any suggestions, or links?

Rexel Titan i think is the make of the one's i use and most alarm suppliers stock them.

there are two sizes T28 for 4 & 6 Core T36 for 8 core and can be used on sat cable and RG59 with longer staples. i'd avoid the Arrow one as it carries less staples, easier to skewer the cable with it and has only one pressure,

staple guns can make the work very fast and almost worth another man on the job, but you need to exercise great care as a shorted cable from a misplaced clip is a real pia.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Rexel Titan i think is the make of the one's i use and most alarm suppliers stock them.

there are two sizes T28 for 4 & 6 Core T36 for 8 core and can be used on sat cable and RG59 with longer staples. i'd avoid the Arrow one as it carries less staples, easier to skewer the cable with it and has only one pressure,

staple guns can make the work very fast and almost worth another man on the job, but you need to exercise great care as a shorted cable from a misplaced clip is a real pia.

regs

alan

staples oh no rough as you like..

We have band them. Clips only for everything.

Guest anguscanplay

nah it`s just like any tool, needs to be used right

rapisco

i know many companies don't like them especially those who have bonus schemes or tight time allowed for installation engineers, but imo fare better than having hiats clips sticking up through the carpet which will eventually crack and let the cable end up on the smooth edge due to the vacuum cleaner :huh:

regs

alan

bull, i'm with angus.

if you use them right there is no problem with them.

your brain washed by the old nacoss ways ;):D

besides what would i do on those grotty LBHA jobs without my trusty staple gun. :P

Like I said in my original post, there is a time when they are better than normal clips,like under carpets,I'm not looking to abuse them like the BT boys do. I had a Draper one many moons ago,but that was toilet.

nah it`s just like any tool, needs to be used right

rapisco

thats the one's,

my memory. i've known the ruling 'alf as long as my cable tacker and to sruggle to remmember her name too :whistle:

you can tell when your getting old, your dreams are dryer - and your farts get wetter :fear:

regs

alan

i know many companies don't like them especially those who have bonus schemes or tight time allowed for installation engineers, but imo fare better than having hiats clips sticking up through the carpet which will eventually crack and let the cable end up on the smooth edge due to the vacuum cleaner :huh:

regs

alan

see for me i like them for the LBHA jobs [skirting boards here i come] but if i was happy to lift the carpet they would be going under the floor boards. i know chipboard can be a pain but normally a way around it.

Like I said in my original post, there is a time when they are better than normal clips,like under carpets,I'm not looking to abuse them like the BT boys do. I had a Draper one many moons ago,but that was toilet.
if the cable was being fixed and not in trunk or on brick i would always use the gun, why not? as long as it isn't set to high causing resistance problems ect.
What does LBHA stand for? :banned:
local borough housing authority.[council scum contracts]

Guest anguscanplay
if the cable was being fixed and not in trunk or on brick i would always use the gun, why not? as long as it isn't set to high causing resistance problems ect.local borough housing authority.[council scumcontracts]

err but not plaster :no:

Oh I see!

I only use them where cable can't be conceiled, and clips would stand out too much.

There are Rapesco ones on ebay at the moment,the same ones that B&Q sell, are these the kiddies you are refering to as they seem a bit cheap?

Guest anguscanplay
when would that ever happen? all drops would be in trunk?

lol, before you answer that don't forget past PM's :D;)

nope - lost me, we use tube if its commercial anyway :)

9430x300.jpg

by far the best, rapid brand.

i know adi gardiners and risco sell em. risco is the cheaper about

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

see for me i like them for the LBHA jobs [skirting boards here i come] but if i was happy to lift the carpet they would be going under the floor boards. i know chipboard can be a pain but normally a way around it.

agreed and preferred by me to, nip out one by the door and if lucky fish the void with cable access rods but, when the rooms are full of furniture or you lift the carpet to find parquet or close t&g boarded wood floors, even lino tiles :fear: it's not always practical.

i see one of those jobs a few weeks back where the cables were run outside and buried in the mortar :rolleyes: , has to be said the re-pointing was neatly done but don't know if a builder did that.

the client thought the original engineer was mustard and surprised i would not entertain fixing his system, simply would not go for a refit even offered radio, i'd guess due to the supposed upheaval and possibly why it was originally done that way - i simply walked away.

regs

alan

The staple gun is a Rapid 28...totally bomb proof as long as the apprentice doesn't lose the metal clip for the handle :rolleyes:

i always pull that off, or it keeps getting in the way of the lever :rolleyes:

regs

alan

• 1 month later...
thats the one I got - twenty years and still going strong, new spring mind ( and guide bar,angled front edge,handle,cable holder and strength selector)

bit like triggers brush then

wot was it now 5 new handles and 7 new brush heads????

Archived