Security Installer Community

In Your Professional Oppinion ......

IM_Alarms

We put our first Advanced MX (Hochiki ESP) panel in recently to replace an old broke thing -on this forums advice- and I cant praise it too highly.

We priced the dongle and software with the job, and it went in like a dream. The software prints a neat list of device/type/description etc. for you to stick on the wall with your sketch map. Top product.

No drama, no crisis, and a very happy customer with a panel they can understand.

Covering Avon & Somerset, Devon & Cornwall

www.Blanchard Fire & Security.co.uk

NSI Gold

Guest Cerberus NI
We put our first Advanced MX (Hochiki ESP) panel in recently to replace an old broke thing -on this forums advice- and I cant praise it too highly.

We priced the dongle and software with the job, and it went in like a dream. The software prints a neat list of device/type/description etc. for you to stick on the wall with your sketch map. Top product.

No drama, no crisis, and a very happy customer with a panel they can understand.

Nice professional review! (I still think that addressable is overkill for this project though!)

i cant belive no one has mentioned the ctec xfp! its not the greatest panel but its cheap, easy to program, can be semi-flushed, is not as industrial looking as some panels, all in all seems to fit the bill!!! and by the sound of it you have not done much fire before so luckily enough ctec provide free training and tech support is only a phone call away!!! seen as this is a house i think ctec is the way to go to keep the budget down! if it was more commercial industrial i would go for advanced electronics or morley (very similar) i would never entertain kentec although there cause and effect programming is very simple to use.

minerva mx is better than the lot of them but not something that would look good in a domestic property! and the other problem is you would have to get //.Large National Installer.// to supply and commission the system and you would be tied to there protocol and would not be able to make config changes at a later date without getting //.Large National Installer.// in, gent and protec etc all fall into the same catagory (closed protocol).

also it would be worth getting a key switch on the panel to enable controls, as this is a domestic property the end user will not use the functions of the panel often(unless they burn a lot of toast) so no matter how much they seem to understand how to reset panel etc after you provide them with a brief training session, they will always fall out of familiarity with the operation of the panel and will panic when the system goes off!

good luck

i cant belive no one has mentioned the ctec xfp! its not the greatest panel but its cheap, easy to program, can be semi-flushed, is not as industrial looking as some panels, all in all seems to fit the bill!!! and by the sound of it you have not done much fire before so luckily enough ctec provide free training and tech support is only a phone call away!!! seen as this is a house i think ctec is the way to go to keep the budget down! if it was more commercial industrial i would go for advanced electronics or morley (very similar) i would never entertain kentec although there cause and effect programming is very simple to use.

minerva mx is better than the lot of them but not something that would look good in a domestic property! and the other problem is you would have to get //.Large National Installer.// to supply and commission the system and you would be tied to there protocol and would not be able to make config changes at a later date without getting //.Large National Installer.// in, gent and protec etc all fall into the same catagory (closed protocol).

also it would be worth getting a key switch on the panel to enable controls, as this is a domestic property the end user will not use the functions of the panel often(unless they burn a lot of toast) so no matter how much they seem to understand how to reset panel etc after you provide them with a brief training session, they will always fall out of familiarity with the operation of the panel and will panic when the system goes off!

good luck

Why wouldn't you ever entertain Kentec? They're excellent.

Good solid steel panel, easy to fit, easy to program, easy for the customer to use (we fit them in HMOs) and very good value for money.

What do you know about them that I don't ??

Fire Member

Guest Cerberus NI

I think that all shades of opinion have been given on this topic (and personal favourites been made obvious!) so I think it's a case of enuff said! :closed:

Archived