Security Installer Community

Anyone Worked Or From Canada

C.S TEK.

Hi all

After giving up on the idea of emigrating to the USA, I have decided that canada is now a safe bet for my kids future.

I was just wondering if anyone one knows much about the canadian regs and if I need a licence to work.

I take it they use much the same as the USA

PELCO, GE and DSC 2 way audio alarms

Anyone worked there, Nova scotia is one are we are consdering the other is Winnipeg

Thanx

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Hi all

After giving up on the idea of emigrating to the USA, I have decided that canada is now a safe bet for my kids future.

I was just wondering if anyone one knows much about the canadian regs and if I need a licence to work.

I take it they use much the same as the USA

PELCO, GE and DSC 2 way audio alarms

Anyone worked there, Nova scotia is one are we are consdering the other is Winnipeg

Thanx

Chris

hi Chris,

all i know is from a 'wickers worl' report, (at the time) Montral has the highest divorce rate and Vancouver has the highest suicide rate amongst lawyers in the world.

watch where you park, they have private contractors on the prowl who can lift any car in 20 seconds :ninja: . if it happens to you you go the pound where you charged the trip from the pound to the car and back again, plus the fines - very very expensive.

in the pound the clerk is behind a 6" thick bullet and blast proof glass - now i just wonder why :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest Dave the alarm man

well not 1st hand,

http://www.canasa.org I assume asking this mob may be a start

I know of someone who went to dsc, tales of a full mocked house inside their factory with their kit install as training suite, did a few yrs then can back to the uk

hi Chris,

all i know is from a 'wickers worl' report, (at the time) Montral has the highest divorce rate and Vancouver has the highest suicide rate amongst lawyers in the world.

watch where you park, they have private contractors on the prowl who can lift any car in 20 seconds :ninja: . if it happens to you you go the pound where you charged the trip from the pound to the car and back again, plus the fines - very very expensive.

in the pound the clerk is behind a 6" thick bullet and blast proof glass - now i just wonder why :rolleyes:

regs

alan

just like the pound up at vauxhall then :ninja:

just like the pound up at vauxhall then :ninja:

i worked on external security systems their and agree,

in that program one 'punter' about 6.9 ft high x same wide kept asking for his car, the clerk about 4 ft nothing woody allen impersinator, kept asking for the fee's. then the punte looms up at the window and says a classic "why don't you put an apple in your mouth an become a regular pig".

the obvious sheer venom left no mistakes about the need for level of security shield needed :cold2:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 3 years later...

I am from Canada and just got into the industry.

To be an alarm technician here in Canada you need your CANASA level 1 cert, there is another test after this one as well to become fully certified.

It is an open book exam.

Canasa has a priority to reduce false alerts and false alarms in the industry and also to make sure everyone has a good understanding of industry practices before they get going.

I am in the process of getting my cert right now.

Take care! Good luck.

By the way, Saskatoon is a beautiful city in Saskatchewan that is growing at a rate faster than any other city in Canada right now. Lots of jobs.

-Dane

(I just realized this post is 8 years old, this fellows kids are probably all grown up by now, hahaah...)

I am from Canada and just got into the industry.

To be an alarm technician here in Canada you need your CANASA level 1 cert, there is another test after this one as well to become fully certified.

It is an open book exam.

Canasa has a priority to reduce false alerts and false alarms in the industry and also to make sure everyone has a good understanding of industry practices before they get going.

I am in the process of getting my cert right now.

Take care! Good luck.

By the way, Saskatoon is a beautiful city in Saskatchewan that is growing at a rate faster than any other city in Canada right now. Lots of jobs.

-Dane

(I just realized this post is 8 years old, this fellows kids are probably all grown up by now, hahaah...)

Better late than never Dane, the way things are going in the UK we'd all be better off in Canada imho-this country totally sucks at the moment!...........

PS you need to concentrate on your maths-2011-2007=4! :whistle:

Archived