Security Installer Community

Resetting Requiring Engineer

wilmotp

Hi - I had an alarm system installed and today managed to screw up my atempts to set my alarm. This now needs an engineer reset. As my engineer retired, he left with me his manual which I since cannot locate. Can anyone help me with this? The control panel, if it helps, has four numbers - 9930. TYVM!

Hi - I had an alarm system installed and today managed to screw up my atempts to set my alarm. This now needs an engineer reset. As my engineer retired, he left with me his manual which I since cannot locate. Can anyone help me with this? The control panel, if it helps, has four numbers - 9930. TYVM!

hi wilmotp

seems odd you engineer used engineer reset option on i assume a 'bells only' system (i.e. not monitored) so close to retirement :unsure: .

site rules do not allow us to give out engineers manuals or defaulting information, your best bet especially if the system is a few years old is to call in a local company, as with anything better if one is on a recommendation to you, but as always get a 'guestimate' of the call out charge before engaging them to save arguments later.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi wilmotp

seems odd you engineer used engineer reset option on i assume a 'bells only' system (i.e. not monitored) so close to retirement :unsure: .

site rules do not allow us to give out engineers manuals or defaulting information, your best bet especially if the system is a few years old is to call in a local company, as with anything better if one is on a recommendation to you, but as always get a 'guestimate' of the call out charge before engaging them to save arguments later.

regs

alan

Thanks, Alan. System is bells only and only 18 mths old! Engineer required methinks!

Thanks, Alan. System is bells only and only 18 mths old! Engineer required methinks!

just a thouht, the keypads not locked out due to excessive wrong codes entered, or a keypad button jammed under the casing?

gonna need an engineer otherwise, post you district i'm sure several members will contact you if you ask. all should do a great job, but if not you can come back in here and sqeal them up :P

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived