Security Installer Community

Abacus 8 Control Panel Help & Manual

SuperFly

I've just moved into a house with an Abacus 8 alarm panel, the previous owners didn't have a code for the unit and therefore neither do i. Is there any way to either find the code or reset it? I could also do with a manual if possible

The details on it are

Abacus 8 127, V23 8 (from the top of the EEprom chip inside)

V235 (or 23S) on the display panel when i power up the system)

If it can't be done can anyone recommend a reasonable priced, suitable new unit for a swap out, it seems to be run on passives only,. i'd like to add a remote keypad by the front door too.

Any other advice would be useful, i'm not trained directly in alarm systems but have extensive experience and training in industrial electrical and electronic systems so i'm not too worried about swapping the panel over if required.

Thanks in advance :)

I've just moved into a house with an Abacus 8 alarm panel, the previous owners didn't have a code for the unit and therefore neither do i. Is there any way to either find the code or reset it? I could also do with a manual if possible

The details on it are

If it can't be done can anyone recommend a reasonable priced, suitable new unit for a swap out, it seems to be run on passives only,. i'd like to add a remote keypad by the front door too.

Any other advice would be useful, i'm not trained directly in alarm systems but have extensive experience and training in industrial electrical and electronic systems so i'm not too worried about swapping the panel over if required.

it is not the kind of info that can be given out i'm affraid.

but there are much better systems available now, i would recommend the Gardtec 490x, very good with a built in dialler which will contact any 4 numbers you like whrn the alarm goes off, and much more.

look at the spec here

http://www.riscogroup.co.uk/Products.aspx?...id=86&id=17

The details on it are

this is a nice little panel, we used to fit loads. its not difficult for a qualified engineer to make it do what you want. probably 1-2 hours work, based on what you have said you need done (depends on cable run to front door too). when you power it up, what does it say after 10 seconds or so?

my dear friend this is not a help you do it yourself site .the only advise given is get an alarm guy and pay up. i think your box needs to be defaulted and reprogramed with new key codes .i have the same problem but nobody will help.i will probley be cast out for saying this but if you read the rules carefully you will see what i mean.

my dear friend :rolleyes: you or anyone else could be a criminal wanting to know how to "reset" someones elses alarm.

You have been advised it should take a pro engineer 1-2 hrs to get it running. ;)

This is not a "tell me anything I want to know site" it is a security community forum. :yes:

The rules quite rightly state we cannot provide "engineer/defaulting information" for that reason alone.

If you want advise about other aspects of your alarm, cctv, door access, fire system etc ask away. :)

Imagine you coming back in 3 months saying "I was burgled because you lot gave a local crim my alarm defaulting info" - get my point ? :unsure:

C.

:)

Guest anguscanplay
my dear friend this is not a help you do it yourself site .the only advise given is get an alarm guy and pay up. i think your box needs to be defaulted and reprogramed with new key codes .i have the same problem but nobody will help.i will probley be cast out for saying this but if you read the rules carefully you will see what i mean.

if by alarm guy you mean someone with the training, ability, tools and insurance then your probably right but please it isnt a conspiracy or a secret club it`s usually insurance lead and it`s like that for your protection

explain the thoery - yep :yes:

explain how to do it - nope :no:

Angus

• 2 months later...
if by alarm guy you mean someone with the training, ability, tools and insurance then your probably right but please it isnt a conspiracy or a secret club it`s usually insurance lead and it`s like that for your protection

explain the thoery - yep :yes:

explain how to do it - nope :no:

Angus

have you moved yet ? :unsure:

Archived