Security Installer Community

500r Scantronic Wireless System.....

Being a lazy git have installed a few of these for family over the years and never had a problem.

Put one in a month ago, fine for two weeks, now it goes off within a couple of hours of setting. There are four PIRs on the system, covered them all over and set the system. Hour later two zones go off, one upstairs and one down.

Tech support aren't a great help, suggesting radio interference or mains spikes.

Any other suggestions before my big sister slaps me.

Thanks..... :unsure:

Being a lazy git have installed a few of these for family over the years and never had a problem.

Put one in a month ago, fine for two weeks, now it goes off within a couple of hours of setting. There are four PIRs on the system, covered them all over and set the system. Hour later two zones go off, one upstairs and one down.

Tech support aren't a great help, suggesting radio interference or mains spikes.

Any other suggestions before my big sister slaps me.

Thanks..... :unsure:

dodgy pp3 battery clips?

on the front of the panel there is an led i think which shows any interference

you did the masking trick but was it the same pir's? if so why not try knocking out one of them and removing the battery and run it over night, if ok add the other one in?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

No it seems to be different PIRs each time....

The old "interference" lamp does flash up very seldom and irregularly. Certainly isn't on all the time.

We got one of these systems in our office, and two of the boys have had them in for the last couple of years with no problems.... that's why its weird....!

No it seems to be different PIRs each time....

The old "interference" lamp does flash up very seldom and irregularly. Certainly isn't on all the time.

We got one of these systems in our office, and two of the boys have had them in for the last couple of years with no problems.... that's why its weird....!

flicking light , then i'd really suspect RFi via the mains, like a 'noisy' fridge/freezer motor etc even a toilet fan. check where is the mains spurred from and what is on that circuit, is it picking up say the immersion heater for instance etc?

for the few quid they cost might be worth fitting a mains transient filter to the panels 240v input to help eliminate this possible problem source

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived