Security Installer Community

The sing along Alarm

Guest Pmac

Hi All,

A few years ago I was under a lot of pressure to finish this house job for a little old Lady, everything was going well, had all the sensors installed bell box up, nearly there just the internal siren ahh where is the siren? Checked the back of the van, no shoot must have left it in the office 70 miles away. I sat thinking what am I going to do? then it came to me I was inspired and came up with a master plan. I drove into the nearest town to look for a car accessory shop I reckoned they must have some kind of sounder I could use. I went to the sales counter asked the young man "have you anykind of a alarm sounder?" "yes sir" he replied. He took out this little black unit it looked like a small loud horn. Great I replied I'll take it. I rushed back to the house connected up the siren, no need to test it it looks the part. Closed up the panel and called the Lady of the house to demonstrate the system.

Ok Love this is how you set the system, this is how you unset the system......ect

Now this is what happens when someone tries to break in...

( I arm the system and walk towards the window feeling proud of my self have'n rescued the day, knowing that when I bang on the window we'll get full alarm bells the full effect enough to frighten Jack the ripper away)

Bang on the window, great External bell ringing away I walk out into the Hall (old Lady in tow) listen for the internal siren, And what do I hear only a electronic tune of "She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes", I look behind me to gage the reaction of the customer and She's standing there tapping her foot singing along and she looks at me and say's isn't that fantastic its not like those loud frighten alarms. At that stage all I could do was crack up laughing I nearly wet my self.

I returned to the house a few days later to replace the siren and the Lady was very disappointed I took away her sing along alarm.

Regards Phil.

• 1 year later...

I remember fitting alarm when I was younger, In an empty house. I was left there on my own to do a full system. I fitted a logic 4 I then when to test the system absolutely bored, to find that the logic timing out buzzer was a musical one! It gave me a big smile!

what a great buzzer choice!!

• 13 years later...