Security Installer Community

Could Do With A Bit Of Guidance - Pls!

Roonie

Greetings All.

I moved into a property that has a 9800 scantronic alarm system fitted. Its a bells only system.

I year ago it started going off so my Mrs rang the number of the "engineer" that fitted it. The end result was that the internal siren cable was cut and the fuse pulled out from the spur socket. I'm not sure why this was suggested and was quite surprised when I got home to find this out. Anyway, now whenever I power up the system again all I get is a code "SR" - which the manual states is a sytem reset.

I'm really keen to get the system working again and know it needs a new internal battery and the siren internal reconnected. However, I'm a bit stuck with the SR code - does this need an Engineers Code? How do I get this cleared to get the system working again?

The original engineers that fitted it does not deal with alarms anymore and anyone else I talk to is only interested in selling me a new system - something I can ill afford at this stage with given we've just had our second child.

Any words of advice would be much appreciated.

cheers.

have you tried putting in your user code, setting the system then unsetting this may clear t he fault if not then yes an engineer visit wuld be needed

regs

FCE

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Hello,

The SR code means that the system has been powered up after a complete power failure. Try inputting your user code to try and clear the fault. It is well worth getting an engineer in from a local approved company to check the system over for you and instruct you on its use. They should have it up and running for you within an hour. The 9800, in it's day, was a solid panel. There are still many of them in operation today and as long as it's looked after properly, there's no reason why it shouldn't last another 10 years or so.

Trade Member

Guest anguscanplay

might be a good idea to return it to how it was when you got home from work - you arnt going to get it working this side of tuesday and without a battery it could do all sorts of fun and games

stick with trying to get a local engineer out - I love 9800 faults and would never write one off just for the chance of a new upgrade, problem your up against is the bank holiday

Angus ( shame your so far away really )

might be a good idea to return it to how it was when you got home from work - you arnt going to get it working this side of tuesday and without a battery it could do all sorts of fun and games

stick with trying to get a local engineer out - I love 9800 faults and would never write one off just for the chance of a new upgrade, problem your up against is the bank holiday

Angus ( shame your so far away really )

Best one is when the customer rings up complaining of a "6F" fault and you can hear the internal sounder going in the background :P

Trade Member

Archived