Security Installer Community

Gardtech 360 (or 370) Manual

mjc

you did have me worried Colin,

even with all our technology and high standards, still most alarm activations are false alarms, it is why we spend time to always advise clients not to be caught off guard and to approach slowly with the greatest of caution and never ever alone after an activation, also to impress this on all key holders especially children and elderly.

if any doubt call the Police, don't enter and don't try to bar the intruders exit, you life an limbs are far more important than any possessions.

regs

alan

Having re read what I had said originally I standby what i said and as you will see i have put the "Not" back in to the original statement.

I my opinion the best option is to have is a fully monitored alarm, as if and when it does go off you have a profesional response to the system, as you would not be putting a member of your familly or friend in the dangerous position of having to investigate an alarm activation. What would you or a friend do if you found a burglar?

What I have said is quite correct, it is far better to have a professional response to a system.

Guest anguscanplay
all some contracts entitle you to is the monitoring and two maintenance visit's per year (one if not monitored) and the availability of a 24 hour call out service.

tbh you could ring many alarms companies (such as mine) who will respond quickly and out of hours, without you paying for the privilege upfront for them being there, yes those calls would likely be expensive but so are many calls to systems with contracts in place, so if you don't go monitored then it's your call to have a contract or not (if everyone will excuse the pun) as with servicing and maintaining your car or Tv set.

regs

alan

i`ll argue that with you arfur -

you could also ring many alarm firms ( like mine ) who will tell you that they only offer 24hour response to mainanance customers , that you cant insure your car after the crash and the fact you cant stop the alarm sounding is your problem and nobody elses.

you could also ring many alarm firms ( like alter ego`s ) who will say kerching,yipee whawho and charge you an arm and a leg to call and stop your alarm from ringing

but its a heck of a callout from essex to scotland

if all else fails you could ask on a forum like this and never get the sound stopped lol - its always best to have the agreement set up before you need it

i`ll argue that with you arfur -

you could also ring many alarm firms ( like mine ) who will tell you that they only offer 24hour response to mainanance customers , that you cant insure your car after the crash and the fact you cant stop the alarm sounding is your problem and nobody elses.

you could also ring many alarm firms ( like alter ego`s ) who will say kerching,yipee whawho and charge you an arm and a leg to call and stop your alarm from ringing

but its a heck of a callout from essex to scotland

if all else fails you could ask on a forum like this and never get the sound stopped lol - its always best to have the agreement set up before you need it

argue with me all you want Angus (oh! dear what have i just said?),

we have different business models and ways of working, and i'm not saying your business attitude is wrong, but i and other companies will attend a callout to an unknown customer off contract. but then those calls to me are for other companies systems (like yours perhaps lol! ) as mine rarely go wrong.

as i don't advertise it will be likely via a recommend from previous well satisfied client, and i know i'll now make another one out of that call.

imo the bigger companies having a guy on standby twiddling his thumbs (and your always on here i noticed), and a call comes in from a non-contract, surely it makes perfect sense to offer them service as you have then maximised your labour usage and income from him/her, and got a happy (we hope) new client thrown in.

regs

alan

tip! they have great whiskey in Scotland i hic!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Having re read what I had said originally I standby what i said and as you will see i have put the "Not" back in to the original statement.

???

What I have said is quite correct, it is far better to have a professional response to a system.

i think a clear cool headed professional response is always needed in our game - sign of a pro imo

looks like your arguing and then moderating then re-arguing with your self Colin?

so by the way, how is mr Hyde doing these days - say hello to him for me please :P

regs

alan

Guest Dave the alarm man
tip! they have great whiskey in Scotland i hic!

:hmm: Scotch whisky & Irish whiskey

Having a dig at the scotts?

i think a clear cool headed professional response is always needed in our game - sign of a pro imo

looks like your arguing and then moderating then re-arguing with your self Colin?

so by the way, how is mr Hyde doing these days - say hello to him for me please :P

regs

alan

nice avi arfur

nice avi arfur
got to say i thought it was apt, so i blatantly nicked it of your post hope you don't mind) - then the forum data base crashed as i uploaded it (don't tellDave :cry: ), i've turned down the ovaltine wick on turbo by a few biscuits :P regalan
:hmm: Scotch whisky & Irish whiskeyHaving a dig at the scotts?
whiskey is like women, once the lights out it's hard to tell the difference between them - or which way up they are :) regsalan

got to say i thought it was apt, so i blatantly nicked it of your post hope you don't mind) - then the forum data base crashed as i uploaded it (don't tellDave :cry: ), i've turned down the ovaltine wick on turbo by a few biscuits :P regalan

if the cap fits :P

Archived