Security Installer Community

Baxall

Tagfcuk

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is true stated before that companies spend much on wages and that might be problem if one employs to many. But it is also true that experienced workers are company's wealth despite good or wrong management which is separate issue. There is no business without experienced workers.

Obviously on such fast growing market security companies search for prior Baxal employees.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have any updates on possible buyers for the camera side of the business?

Dedicated Micros have bought the Camera business. They have also taken on the camera development team to assist them in moving production. The people that dedicated should have employed for the transfer are the production management team and test engineers.

Don't know how they will manage without them.

Does anyone have any updates on possible buyers for the camera side of the business?

dedicated micros. Also employed the camera development team. These guys are also helping in moving the production lines to malta. Wrong team i think. Should have been the people who designed the lines and equipment and the production management team. Also heard Baxalls test engineer is not involved. Big mistake by Dedicated.

Dear All,

Obviously information provided by "hardworker" was not published in Security Park by DM.

In nature nothing is lost. As long as my knowledge is concerned EET Nordic is still recruiting for London office and might need experienced stuff.

If you guys could give me idea of most popular network camera made in UK that we could start to support by our software I will be grateful. I can confirm that Alnet Systems support all analog fixed and PTZ cameras manufactured by British companies.

dedicated micros. Also employed the camera development team. These guys are also helping in moving the production lines to malta. Wrong team i think. Should have been the people who designed the lines and equipment and the production management team. Also heard Baxalls test engineer is not involved. Big mistake by Dedicated.

Hardworker; I hope that you can shift that tongue from your cheek before your next meal, it could make eating difficult.

I'm not sure how qualified the CamDev team are at shifting kit, but I presume they've been employed for their skills as designers, not as Mr Shifter and Son. As for DM's manufacturing people; I should think they have enough nouse to set-up and run a medium quantity production line.

I wouldn't trust the baxall production management team to move my wheelie bin to the end of my drive.

It may just be that they wish to run things their (successful...) way, as opposed to the Baxall way.

Surely it was the people that designed the lines (on numerous occasions) that helped Nail the lid on Baxall's coffin? They could have used the people that actually managed to get it working afterwards I suppose, that could have worked. I'm sure the camera team can cope though, they did design over 100 cameras in the past 3 years, and it is only really meccano after all. And one of the most successful companies in the NW probably has some similarly skilled engineers that could always help. :hmm:

The test lines were designed to be run by anyone. And a contractor did all the training anyway. Maybe Hardworker has always been someone to slag off anyone that knows better? Sometimes people do know better !!! Especially when that someone built up a business that means he can race Porches for a hobby.

Surely it was the people that designed the lines (on numerous occasions) that helped Nail the lid on Baxall's coffin? They could have used the people that actually managed to get it working afterwards I suppose, that could have worked. I'm sure the camera team can cope though, they did design over 100 cameras in the past 3 years, and it is only really meccano after all. And one of the most successful companies in the NW probably has some similarly skilled engineers that could always help. :hmm:

The test lines were designed to be run by anyone. And a contractor did all the training anyway. Maybe Hardworker has always been someone to slag off anyone that knows better? Sometimes people do know better !!! Especially when that someone built up a business that means he can race Porches for a hobby.

There was nothing wrong with the production lines or the way they were designed. The Production department was able to produce the quantities they were asked to build. Problem was lack of orders andmaterial supply to keep the lines running.

The contractor did the training, but it was the test engineer who defined the training and he designed the test equipment and test software. I worked with the test engineer and he is really good at developing test systems.

Hardworker.... You are right. The test engineer should probably have been running the production team. It was a case of this....... Click Me .....

As for producing what they could...... AD had to buy cameras elsewhere because they couldn't build enough..... Pelco would have taken more as well.................... In 2002-2003 there were months where 20,000+ cameras were built. The lines were upgraded to increase this. The shop floor staff were sent home for 2 weeks whilst the lines were converted to the production management's great idea........ and the production increased to about 18,000. Then the new line was put in, with vacuum blocks at the end to keep the cardboard packing dust off the line, and they had to be turned off because they were too loud, and useless. And the performance was no better...... until a few others took over the balancing and it improved.

But people only ever listen to those that shout loudest....... maybe I should have written this in capital letters????

Dear All,

Obviously information provided by "hardworker" was not published in Security Park by DM.

In nature nothing is lost. As long as my knowledge is concerned EET Nordic is still recruiting for London office and might need experienced stuff.

If you guys could give me idea of most popular network camera made in UK that we could start to support by our software I will be grateful. I can confirm that Alnet Systems support all analog fixed and PTZ cameras manufactured by British companies.

London would be out of the question for most former Baxall employees, because the cost of living is many times higher than in Stockport, and it is completely out of reasonable travelling distance.

Oy!

There was more than one Test Engineer!

(I was employed in that capacity from 1988, and that's what my contract stated, and I supported the ATE used for testing tube camera boards and switchers for a while after Phil Hanscombe left, but the management seemed to forget that, from around 1991, bringing in new people, keeping me out of the new product development cycle and neglecting to teach me about innovations such as Windows on computers, and wouldn't even show me how to use the more modern equipment.

Anyone remember how much the Marconi ATE + jigs cost, how many engineers that amount would have paid for, and how long it lasted?)

Bitter & twisted, me?

Just a bit!

When it came to this, they had one of the all time greats available!!!! You had no option but to listen, even if you were at the other end of the building.

I must disagree:

From the late 90s, rarely could anyone be heard, even a foot away unless you could see his/her lips move as well, above the horrible, continuous, stressful racket of radio stations whose names sounded like "Wee103" and "Imagine F-all" at full treble boost through horn loudspeakers playing such delights as "Streetlight", "Climb every Woman", "Take it up the Conga, woah, woah, woah, woah-yeah", "Squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, ow, ow, aah", and worse!

• 1 month later...
There is talk of a (or possibly several) disenchanted Baxall creditor(s) filing a suit against the former directors for malpractice.

Whilst this is both interesting and welcome, it could be unwise for any posters on this forum to voice opinions that might undermine the case.

Just when you thought it had all gone quiet!

Mind you I've heard so many rumours and talk, I'm not waiting with baited breath. There is also a difference between breaking the law and just making plain bad decisions. We all know now that KPMG were in advising the directors for quite a time before we went under, so I'm not sure how this would work.

Funny that you said it was welcome though, do you know some little tidbits that the rest of us don't, or is it just plain revenge your after?

Just when you thought it had all gone quiet!

Mind you I've heard so many rumours and talk, I'm not waiting with baited breath. There is also a difference between breaking the law and just making plain bad decisions. We all know now that KPMG were in advising the directors for quite a time before we went under, so I'm not sure how this would work.

Funny that you said it was welcome though, do you know some little tidbits that the rest of us don't, or is it just plain revenge your after?

Certainly not revenge. Although I have zero liking or respect for any of the ex-directors (well, the ones in 'at the death' anyway...), they did me one hell of a favour by getting me out of the place and into more rewarding and gainful employment.

I say 'welcome' because of various rumours (totally unsubstantiated by anyone reliable, or they wouldn't be rumours, would they...), which, if true, would mean that such a suit would be welcome on moral and ethical grounds. I won't say more for fear of prejudicing any case that may be being brought.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm absolutely gutted baxall have gone under, GUTTED they were true masters in the field of CCTV (perfectionests) even when it came to the packing of there products, you was over whelmed with the way it was packed, speicaly molded spongers ect, they are loved and will be missed. :(

(Baxall & Dennard) are like pea's and carrots, fish n chips, salt and vinigar

the only two that are (in my eye'e) up to the british standards and i live in hope that some Wealthy Individual thats mad about cctv and loves baxall starts it back up, It could happen :hmm: and i truley hope it does.

Wounderful, i thought "i wounder if dennard will step in" and they have :) AWESOME

i know business is business and its all about monie BUT NOT ALWAYS sometimes it is love for what your doing and baxall LOVED cctv. just look at baxall pyamid, I bet it scared some of the others (to death).......lol.

ive now just bought a Baxall ICE+CM2XUTP/LV camera, god man, cant wait until it comes (like a kid with a new toy)........lol........(its for myself to play with)

our country has got two names, united kindom and great briton, but the "great" bit is slowly loosing to money and we all have to Recognize this, what was metal is now plastic :unsure: our country is being flooded by cheep jap **** plastic domes :smash: and the like :angry: we've got to fight back if you do not want to see dennard going the same way :fight: . I for one will not fit or suport anything that is'nt made in the UK from now on, as long as my hands and know-how can install cctv

for shops, homes and the like, it will be and always will be, baxall cameras/telemtrey/recievers/vivid "and" dennard houses/heads/infrared/dvr :) outside this, and i'll wash cars for a living instead.

another thing, is it just me or is LED infrared scrap, ive played with them, and they do work but for some unknown reason to me, i just dont like them, i cant gel with them, and point blank refuse to fit them. im probably just set in my ways (39yrs) I'll be like vicktor meldrews in another 10 years.........lol

ICEbear,

If you think you'll be like Victor Meldrew at 49, I think I've already beaten you to it ;)

Before you get too excited about buying British, in the interests of accuracy I should perhaps point out that in the great scheme of all things CCTV, there is now very little that is actually made in the U.K. :(

Whilst a nostalgic view of Baxall may be understandable, for anyone that was trying to repair their cameras back in the early '80s, they may not necessarily totally agree with you :lol:

Also if it's any comfort at all, it's probably not really fair to make comments about Japanese built products, as they themselves are being significantly underpriced, by some highly questionable gear coming from factories in China, Korea and Taiwan. That said, many of the biggest and best known brands are themselves sub-ing out production to plants in those same countries.

So bottom line really is it doesn't necessarily follow that the gear comes from the same country as the manufacturers headquarters, and country of origin these days tells us absolutely nothing about build quality or reliability.

In the early days of UK manufacturers like Addlestone, Baxall, Bellard, Cotron, Dennard, Dicon, Frowds, Molynx, Shawley, Visual Contact (to name but a few), life was so much .... less global ;)

Well at least good old Addlestone are still going :D

Archived