Security Installer Community

Pirs Triggering Tamper !

Hi I have just fitted some PIRs to a menvier panel. The wiring is correct i.e. two wires (blue and yellow) from the Alarm contacts of the zone on the panel to the N/C on the PIRs and two (green and white) from the tamper contacts on the panel to the '24hr' contacts on the PIR.

When the alarm is in open mode and movement is detected by the PIR (by any PIR - on all zones), the red light is coming on and triggering a tamper alarm. The zones are set to 'night'.

I have looped the tamper contacts at the panel (to disconnect the tamper altogether from the PIR and it still does the same. I have swopped the 24hr and N/C over and again the same happens.

any ideas? PLEASE!!!

Matt

Guest anguscanplay
Hi I have just fitted some PIRs to a menvier panel. The wiring is correct i.e. two wires (blue and yellow) from the Alarm contacts of the zone on the panel to the N/C on the PIRs and two (green and white) from the tamper contacts on the panel to the '24hr' contacts on the PIR.

When the alarm is in open mode and movement is detected by the PIR (by any PIR - on all zones), the red light is coming on and triggering a tamper alarm. The zones are set to 'night'.

I have looped the tamper contacts at the panel (to disconnect the tamper altogether from the PIR and it still does the same. I have swopped the 24hr and N/C over and again the same happens.

any ideas? PLEASE!!!

Matt

obscure but how old is the panel - try a new battery if theres any doubt but you do mean that the whole alarm is sounding not just making a chime noise - also check you havnt got a reading between the 12hr curcuit and the negative cable and between the tamper and positive cable and finally between the 12hr and tampers

Angus

ooh you little double poster - as arfur says check if you should have put resistors in too

Guest Dave the alarm man

any ideas? PLEASE!!!

controls, cable or device ? maybe one or more ;)

only a meter & a touch of brain racking will sort it

controls, cable or device ? maybe one or more ;)

only a meter & a touch of brain racking will sort it

I have found out what the problem was!!! ALL 6 PIRs, purchased from B&Q are faulty. A meter test by an alarm engineer showed that the circuits remained open whatever condition. They are boxed as friedland but the instructions are badged Response.

I have today purchased some better quality ones and the system all works fine (what a waste of a few days!).

Thanks for your comments

Matt

Guest Dave the alarm man
ALL 6 PIRs, purchased from B&Q are faulty.

never one to be smug :rolleyes:

I assume you note the "alarms bits" the likes b&q flog are never fitted intheir own stores......

Archived