Security Installer Community

Gardtec Speech Dialler Help

nickp8

I have a Eurosec alarm with a Gardtec speech dialler unit, which has gone faulty.

I want to replace The Gardtec speech dialler with one that also has text message capability. Would the Texecom speech and text dialler work with the Eurosec alarm? Would the wiring be the same as the Gardtec? If not can anyone recommend a unit that will work and the best place to purchase it.

Thanks.

I have a Eurosec alarm with a Gardtec speech dialler unit, which has gone faulty.

I want to replace The Gardtec speech dialler with one that also has text message capability. Would the Texecom speech and text dialler work with the Eurosec alarm? Would the wiring be the same as the Gardtec? If not can anyone recommend a unit that will work and the best place to purchase it.

Thanks.

you could replace you panel with the CPX version, which will be a direct replacement and has VoCom speech dialer built in, and i think it will also text to.

whats wrong with you original dialer? or do you just want the text facility?.

be a bit wary, as for some reason 'dialer's' and Orange text do not get on all that well, i don't know why but it has been flagged in here.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

The original dialler does not call out when an alarm is triggered. The installer has checked it and it is faulty so he is going to come round and replace it. I would like one with text messaging, so I was going to buy one and ask him to fit that instead and sell on the new replacement Gardtec, or i will swap them over myself if it is easy enough.

Nickp.

The original dialler does not call out when an alarm is triggered. The installer has checked it and it is faulty so he is going to come round and replace it. I would like one with text messaging, so I was going to buy one and ask him to fit that instead and sell on the new replacement Gardtec, or i will swap them over myself if it is easy enough.

Nickp.

hi nick,

the Texecom dialer is an excellent bit of kit, and the one i use for stand alone add-on's but it's not cheap especially for the text version. if you will buy, it will be at 'public price' your installer can get a trade price, so in effect it might only cost a little more to save a lot of hassle.

you have to consider if you swap it out yourself you will have 'tampered' with the system and this may affect issues like your installers liability to a claim should you be burgled (i hope your not though), with no response from the system.

dialers can be very fiddly to get right even for us 'experts', likely you will need some programming steps carried out and so you will need some proficiency in this, as well as the manual and definitely the engineers code.

even then you could put your system out of action and then have to pay for it to be put right - so a highly likely risk of a false economy imo

i don't say you can't do it yourself, i just strongly don't advise you to attempt it :no: .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

The alarm and speech dialler were fitted last August.

Nickp.

well if the speech dialler has gone faulty of its own accord, ie factory fault, not caused by lightening or any other mis-use ect it is covered under its warranty.

where in the country are you?

Guest anguscanplay

Nickp.

hi nickp8

as others have said i think your going about this the wrong way - its a new system and under guarantee . Unless you have " fallen out " with the original installer you really should let him get on with his own job ( you`ve already paid for it once even if indirectly ) whats the difference between a text and a missed call ? both let you know the cats escaped lol

angus

Archived