Security Installer Community

Grade 3 Requirements

i think we would we need to look a little further here, surely (and rightly so) it would needed to check that be registered installers only get police response systems via the URN proceedures and fair enough, but when the Police response is not an issue, whats the problem?

regs

alan

I think this has indeed veered a little off topic. Let's try and summarise a little and clear the mud.

The key question is can a non accredited installer fit a system to grade 3 standard.

The answer in summary seems to include the following points:

They can spec for an 'equivilant system' in terms of most key functionality, however it will not be certified and will still not receive the police response.

There is nothing (from what I have seen) to say that a site could not be built up to the equivilant of a grade 3 on keyholder response *however* the very nature of the grade 3 system is surely one which is on response so to speak.

Joe Public cannot have install a RC GSM and monitor it himself, it needs to go via the ARC which ensures all installation companies are correctly vetted (diy installers would not meet the criteria)

There are other dual path solutions which do not use a 3rd party network control type setup and there are other signalling methods equivilant to RC though. Several protocols are being currently graded.

Mmm - Wrote this out to help clarify for myself a few of the points raised, doesn't seem to have cleared a lot up though.

I too am interested in the answer to this one:

QUOTE(TSS @ Jun 27 2007, 11:59 AM)

yes

and did the ARC ask for any proof of trade status ?

cheers

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mmm - Wrote this out to help clarify for myself a few of the points raised, doesn't seem to have cleared a lot up though.

cheers

but at least it was a manly attempt lol! and imo as close as it's ever going to get.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay

now what we need is the grading matrix - if i could have got to the office through the puddles at all this week i could have scanned it in - i think but i stress only think that a g3 has to have police response - as mjw said if its been self monitored it doesnt even have to be graded at all, hence the thought that to be g3 then it must be policed too - therefore if you cant get police response you cant fit a g3 and like the " to part p , mot etc standard " it either is or it isnt their is no equivalence.

to be anything other than a g1/g2x you have to have remote monitoring and Mr J Public cannot buy this himself - therfore he cannot spec the grading which was my initial point all along - the grade is decided by the installation company not the end user. the end user can ask for a specific grade but he cant specify it . ( fine point in law but it is a critical one imo )

Read the grading matrix if you have one otherwise your just guessing seems to be my conclusion from this thread

angus

Archived