Security Installer Community

Upvc Window Contact Switches

BAUERJAN

UPVC Window Contact Switches

=====================

These switches come with a self- adhesive pad.

Even with new switches I have found that the adhesion is not strong.

Can anyone recommend an alternative method for mounting these switches to provide a stronger bond?

Many thanks

UPVC Window Contact Switches

=====================

These switches come with a self- adhesive pad.

Even with new switches I have found that the adhesion is not strong.

Can anyone recommend an alternative method for mounting these switches to provide a stronger bond?

Many thanks

i use the same double sided tape the window installers use, then carefully mastic (white, for white windows) around the edges, works for me ;)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

either screw contacts on or conceal them in the receses in the frame ie inside the closed window, they can be fixed in place with silicon - we use sanitary silicon because even if it does get damp it won't mould!

We got hauled over the coals for fixing with s/a pads by the NSI (Nacoss) inspector

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

hot melt glue gun for me if i'm not 'allowed' to use screws. you could use 'two pack' liberated from the glazing fitters, but a bit of cuss to remove if they go duff

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

:hmm: Personally, I would use vipers or similar. The contact only works if the window is opened, a viper doesn't need that

hmmmm!

but they can leave the door unlocked so less likely to set off the viper due to less force needed forentry, or even left open without a contact.

then we have the window cleaners ladder, or the neighbour who just insists on wrapping on every window with a coin or key if they don't answer the front door bell :rolleyes:

regs

alan

Many thanks for all suggestions.

Pardon my ignorance, but I am not aware of what a 'Viper' is.

Could someone enlighten me!

Many thanks once again

'Viper' is the generic trade name for a stand alone elecrtronic vibration sensor, made famous by a firm called Viper (i bet you'd never guess that). so like 'hoover' is used for vacum cleaners.

regs

alan

Archived