Security Installer Community

Nexus 8 Alarm Panel Programming

BAUERJAN

Good evening everybody.

I have recently purchased a Nexus 8 alarm panel as a replacement for a similar one damaged during a series of power outages.

I have tried to program the new panel. However, when I enter the engineering menu and carry out the first programming item, I cannot return to Unset 'Un' by pressing 'ESC' . I have double checked everything to no avail. I have been unable to unset the panel under any circumstances.

I suspect that there is a corruption of the data in the non-volatile memory.

Has anyone experience of this problem, or any ideas

Many thanks

Assuming that you are competent and knowledgeable, suggest disconnect and link out all zone wiring and tampers.

Then default to factory settings, as per your manual, if you cannot reset.

Else get the help of a suitably experienced and qualified security technician.

Remember that potentially lethal voltages are inside the control panel, so you should ensure correct isolation procedures are followed prior to opening the case.

Unfortunately we are restricted to the sort of advice we can give in public forums.

If in doubt, please get the help of a suitably experienced and qualified security technician.

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Assuming that you are competent and knowledgeable, suggest disconnect and link out all zone wiring and tampers.

Then default to factory settings, as per your manual, if you cannot reset.

Else get the help of a suitably experienced and qualified security technician.

Remember that potentially lethal voltages are inside the control panel, so you should ensure correct isolation procedures are followed prior to opening the case.

Unfortunately we are restricted to the sort of advice we can give in public forums.

If in doubt, please get the help of a suitably experienced and qualified security technician.

Thank you 'TSS' for your suggestions

I am an electronics of many years years, decades, experience. I have not worked in the alarm field. About 5 years ago, I installed a Nexus 8 alarm system in my home. It has worked without a hitch up to the time of the power surge.

As regards your suggestion, I have already reset the system a number of times following the procedure laid out in the engineer manual. When I try to quit the Engineering menu, the buzzer in the remote panel operates and I get a series of error messages. Entering the engineer code again returns me to to the programming menu. I never return to 'unset'.

Thank you 'TSS' for your suggestions

I am an electronics of many years years, decades, experience. I have not worked in the alarm field. About 5 years ago, I installed a Nexus 8 alarm system in my home. It has worked without a hitch up to the time of the power surge.

As regards your suggestion, I have already reset the system a number of times following the procedure laid out in the engineer manual. When I try to quit the Engineering menu, the buzzer in the remote panel operates and I get a series of error messages. Entering the engineer code again returns me to to the programming menu. I never return to 'unset'.

Sparky169 usually knows the answer to this.

Guest anguscanplay
Good evening everybody.

I have recently purchased a Nexus 8 alarm panel as a replacement for a similar one damaged during a series of power outages.

I have tried to program the new panel. However, when I enter the engineering menu and carry out the first programming item, I cannot return to Unset 'Un' by pressing 'ESC' . I have double checked everything to no avail. I have been unable to unset the panel under any circumstances.

I suspect that there is a corruption of the data in the non-volatile memory.

Has anyone experience of this problem, or any ideas

Many thanks

most probably there is an outstanding tamper

Guest Sparky169

that wouldnt be

''if you are not sure of how to setup your alarm system panel then your best bet is to get an alarm engineer in to do the billy wiz on the system. also if you are doing this yourself please be careful of the mains voltage and isolate the panel when working inside it.

cheers

there you go cubit ive said it :lol:

:P

He's doing a backshift at the building site tonight, maybe he'll be along afterwards to lend a hand. :)

ive arrived

Many thanks gentlemen for your help. I have succeeded in reprogramming the unit.

In the Engineer Guide, it states that there is no need to blank out unused zones.

However, when it comes to a reset, it appears that tampers for the unused zones must be in place.

Guest anguscanplay

that will be what angus said then

no worries theres a delay between me typing and it getting to the thread lol

Archived