Security Installer Community

Ladder For Cctv / Alarm Installs

I'm in the market for a new ladder/s.....Searching around I see there are many types and I want to ensure I purchase the correct one most suited for my type of use........fitting dome cams , crawling round lofts , PIR sensors ect....

I have a triple ladder for higher access....Basically looking for the best "multi-purpose " ladder - If such a thing exists :rolleyes:

One other point the ladder will need to fit on my roof rack!

Any ideas?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in the market for a new ladder/s.....Searching around I see there are many types and I want to ensure I purchase the correct one most suited for my type of use........fitting dome cams , crawling round lofts , PIR sensors ect....

I have a triple ladder for higher access....Basically looking for the best "multi-purpose " ladder - If such a thing exists :rolleyes:

One other point the ladder will need to fit on my roof rack!

Any ideas?

Just bought some Zarges ladders from Browns ladders badged as JCB, on special offer and 100% Zarges (I checked) blooming good deal!

3 section and tall stepladder with wide base, ideal alarm installer ladders IMO.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

getting older i don't bounce so well, so take a look at the extremely versatile Little Giant ladder system, i bought the 4 tread version, they break down into 2 small steps which can be used as trestles so you can work of staging. extremely stable if hit by a door being pushed open, you don't end up on the floor, and don't screech every time you move.

just brilliant for getting close to the wall or above a desk without having to move it and all the clutter on it, say to get to a small dome or 360 pir in an office. and surprising reach when opened up, will reach many sirens.

a little on the heavy side being industrial grade ali, and being all metal are not suitable for working on mains powered items, but really worth the dosh imo @

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Just bought some Zarges ladders from Browns ladders badged as JCB, on special offer and 100% Zarges (I checked) blooming good deal!

3 section and tall stepladder with wide base, ideal alarm installer ladders IMO.

I agree 110% with luggsey, you will not beat the performance of the Zarges, they are normally pricey so Luggsey's comments are interesting.

Basically they are Combination ladders which are extremely sturdy and safe triple ladders but you can open them up to be tall steps where the one rung can go into the sky, hence my range is called Skymaster. I get mine from Lansfords www.ladders999.co.uk (clicki on combonation ladders) and I have got a big set on each van and also a smaller set which fits inside the Trafic van.

As Luggsey says they have an extra wide base and they are safe as you like. Apparently they also turn into steps which can stagger up a stairway. You can also by an attachment for the Zarges to turn them into a small scaffold.

cheers

Dave

Guest anguscanplay
I agree 110% with luggsey, you will not beat the performance of the Zarges, they are normally pricey so Luggsey's comments are interesting.

Basically they are Combination ladders which are extremely sturdy and safe triple ladders but you can open them up to be tall steps where the one rung can go into the sky, hence my range is called Skymaster. I get mine from Lansfords www.ladders999.co.uk (clicki on combonation ladders) and I have got a big set on each van and also a smaller set which fits inside the Trafic van.

As Luggsey says they have an extra wide base and they are safe as you like. Apparently they also turn into steps which can stagger up a stairway. You can also by an attachment for the Zarges to turn them into a small scaffold.

cheers

Dave

tell you theres nothing new in this world our wooden ones we junked in the early eighties used to do this stuff - had a sliding hinge on the back section

spent forever sanding them down and re-varnishing them when things were quite

never blew over though as they must have weighed the same as a small pony when they got wet

angus

getting older i don't bounce so well, so take a look at the extremely versatile Little Giant ladder system, i bought the 4 tread version, they break down into 2 small steps which can be used as trestles so you can work of staging. extremely stable if hit by a door being pushed open, you don't end up on the floor, and don't screech every time you move.

just brilliant for getting close to the wall or above a desk without having to move it and all the clutter on it, say to get to a small dome or 360 pir in an office. and surprising reach when opened up, will reach many sirens.

a little on the heavy side being industrial grade ali, and being all metal are not suitable for working on mains powered items, but really worth the dosh imo @

Archived