Security Installer Community

What Happened To Regalsafe?

Does anybody know what happened to Regalsafe panels? They used to do the rs40,50,75,100,125,150 and possibly more that I cant remember. At the time it was a great panel if not a bit tricky to program... :rolleyes:

They were purchase by cooper security. Scanie & Menvier to me.

Trade Member

i had these panels thrown at me whilst at chubb - they were a bit tricky but i obtained a full set of manuals from scanny.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

The best thing that could of happened, They stopped making them!! :whistle:

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

I'm not entirely sure what the deal was with Coopers. I think Regalsafe was bought by JSB, who were in turn bought by Coopers. I think there was some idea that JSB/Regalsafe would become some kind of DIY alarm brand, but it never really happened. At some point, the support and equipment was transferred to Bentleys.

The RS125 and 64 are still available to buy from KJ Bentley. I think that they said some time back that the Regalsafe range would not be updated at all - and this was some years ago, certainly pre-DD243.

I know some engineers that think RS is the cat's pyjamas - I'm pretty ambivalent toward them. I find them overpriced and over complicated; I also think that membrane keypads are 80s technology.

In any case, we are talking about pre-dd243 panels. About the only thing you can do with them today is Grade 1 them for bells-only customers that don't mind forking out a bit.

• 9 years later...

RIght this post is really old but I can throw some light on this.  Regalsafe where made by JSB electrical and are based in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire. JSB made the Regalsafe RS brand of panels and one called the Regent, an 8 zone panel. The RS type I believe where sponsored by RS components at the time because they did sell them too. If anyone remembers the RS panels then they will remember the special RS components, system zero driver that was required (RS code 444 - 7908). These panels used the system zero security screws also from RS components (526-653). I actually put an RS50F into my own house and it worked for a number of years then just died. With me always being a fan of scanny I replaced it with an old 9100 I had lying around. As Previously mentioned in this post (albeit 9 years ago lol), everyone came under the Cooper umbrella now Eaton but JSB stopped making security panels and concentrated on their emergency lighting and fire alarm equipment and still under the Eaton umbrella. 

• 6 years later...

The Regalsafe RS 125 were extremely robust. 

We had some severe lightning in the 90s tjat wiped out a lot of other panels however , the Regalsafe  units never flinched .

My old Company AWM Sunderland still have a number of RS125 units  out there and working .

They competed cost wise with the Scantronic 9600, but the 125 was much more advanced. They were simply over engineered and too costly to produce .

i admit they were awkward to programme m but they separated real Engineers  from the pretenders .

#Regalsafe #rip 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Alan Moody said:

i admit they were awkward to programme m but they separated real Engineers  from the pretenders .

#Regalsafe #rip 

Rubbish , just poor investment into software and like many other devices manuals  programming written by the one who thinks it will be understood by everyone 

No offence dude , doesn't seperate engineers and pretenders at all 

Edited by al-yeti

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

Rubbish , just poor investment into software and like many other devices manuals  programming written by the one who thinks it will be understood by everyone 

No offence dude , doesn't seperate engineers and pretenders at all 

30 years ago ?

9600 was a smashing bit of kit as it had yes/no menu, something a euro has today

bad software, bad menu's ?? Premier Elite has wonderful WFT about.... the other day I added a smartcom to Premer 24, the 6 inch of cable & dogshit plastic box fill my heart with joy...

Edited by MrHappy

Mr? Veritas God