Security Installer Community

Veritas 8

peterjbrock

Help!. I have just had new windows & doors fitted. One of the windows had foil smash detector which was broken. Also the main entry exie door detector was removed. The tamper circuit was activated & I had to enter the user code to silence the alarm. As the sensor has not yet been replaced I have joined the tamper wires. (yellow & blue) the sensor wires (red & black) and two other wires which were already joined (white & green). The door sensor wires have been joined (blue & yellow). I am unable to get the system to set & the PIR sensors are not working (no red light).

Can anyone advise. Are there any reasonably priced engineers in my area.

Regards

Pete B

By joining the wires together for the pir you have joined the 2 power (12v) wires and blown an internal fuse. That's as far as I can go i'm afraid. System wont set as the pir's will show as open circuit with no power to them. Result: you need an engineer.

Trade Member

It sounds like you have blown a fuse.

What is the type of alarm system you have ie is there a name like scantronic, menvier etc on your control eqipment.

Obviously as you can see from my details to the left i am in market weighton but the company i work for is based in leeds and will charge you for a service visit if you ring them.

If you look in the yellow pages you will find plenty of local companies both national and independent. However if your premises alarm is covered by your insurance T/C then you will need to get an approved company to keep your insurance company happy

paul

note to self : read post title before asking silly question!

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Help!. I have just had new windows & doors fitted. One of the windows had foil smash detector which was broken. Also the main entry exie door detector was removed. The tamper circuit was activated & I had to enter the user code to silence the alarm. As the sensor has not yet been replaced I have joined the tamper wires. (yellow & blue) the sensor wires (red & black) and two other wires which were already joined (white & green). The door sensor wires have been joined (blue & yellow). I am unable to get the system to set & the PIR sensors are not working (no red light).

Can anyone advise. Are there any reasonably priced engineers in my area.

Regards

Pete B

Hi, the obvious problem you have is that somehow you have blown a fuse, possibly in the 'shorting' of the cable you mention, (no red light on PIR). The only safe thing to do is to get the installing company back to make good the faults created by the fitting of your windows & doors - no easy solution I'm afraid.

Another thing, the colours you mention that you have joined, might not be correct, any combination could have been used.

Good luck

One other thing, I would suggest you don't open the control panel as there is a 240v mains supply in there, very dangerous if you don't know what you are doing

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Hi, the obvious problem you have is that somehow you have blown a fuse, possibly in the 'shorting' of the cable you mention, (no red light on PIR). The only safe thing to do is to get the installing company back to make good the faults created by the fitting of your windows & doors - no easy solution I'm afraid.

Another thing, the colours you mention that you have joined, might not be correct, any combination could have been used.

Good luck

One other thing, I would suggest you don't open the control panel as there is a 240v mains supply in there, very dangerous if you don't know what you are doing

excellent advice

p

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Archived