Security Installer Community

Spiders On Housings

arfur mo

hi all,

i have a real problem on a site with spiders making webs across the housing lens windows. there is two camera's with built in ir's and one standard housing with no ir's.

the site is a horse riding stables, so lots of fresh manure and urine to attract flies, not that they don't clean it up asap. the flies are an obvious plentiful food chain for spiders - so the breed by the billions.

tried grease, vasiline barriers and insecticides. the little blighter's move right back in as soon as you clean the housings, even before you get th ladder down :realmad: .

so the only solution seems fit a wiper or wash wiper, noe looking for a supplier who can remedy this problem

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

something from your rusty tin Alan maybe, or maybe get undressed in front of them, with the light on, and as a last resort may i suggest a shotgun, one shot and they will not have anywhere to gmake their webs. :whistle:

this may seem dafter, but what about an introduction of a female spider to eat them all, apart from this Alan it seems like you have tried everything else.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

I've heard that wd40 works wonders.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

hi all,

i have a real problem on a site with spiders making webs across the housing lens windows. there is two camera's with built in ir's and one standard housing with no ir's.

the site is a horse riding stables, so lots of fresh manure and urine to attract flies, not that they don't clean it up asap. the flies are an obvious plentiful food chain for spiders - so the breed by the billions.

tried grease, vasiline barriers and insecticides. the little blighter's move right back in as soon as you clean the housings, even before you get th ladder down :realmad: .

so the only solution seems fit a wiper or wash wiper, noe looking for a supplier who can remedy this problem

regs

alan

Only thing that deters spiders i have found is moth balls...they don't like the smell :rolleyes:

Only thing that deters spiders i have found is moth balls...they don't like the smell :rolleyes:

hi mjw,

will they work on external housings? as not in a confined space + damp during rain or dew.

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
wouldnt it be cheaper to glue a conker the the camera?

challenge them to a game and if they lose they have to find somewhere else to hide

DM do a wiper unit for their 506 housing but then you need to work out how you are going to switch the old girl on and off ?? Perhaps the beterware spray may be a good place to start.

cheers

Dave

DM do a wiper unit for their 506 housing but then you need to work out how you are going to switch the old girl on and off ?? Perhaps the beterware spray may be a good place to start.

cheers

Dave

hi Dave,

i'd simply fit a timer to run once every hour or so just for a few seconds, it don't need to touch the screen, just destroy the webs.

regs

alan

computar make a wiper unit and can have wash intergrated into the setup too not sure what housings this would fit onto though :question:

http://www.electroflowcontrols.com/pdf/CCT...557%20Wiper.pdf this may help :question:

thanks sparky169,

i have emailed then for details

regs

alan

Are they making webs across the housing with no IR's? does this housing have a heater?.

Try replacing with vandal domes ;)

Hi AS,

these positions are very exposed, i did consider the vr dome route, but feared it will get another problem with rain running down the outside of the dome in wet weather. if fit a shroud above it, i might just land me back at square one.

there is 2 ptz domes on the same site, and even they have the webs on the domes, don't affect them so bad but enough to be a pia all the same.

regs

alan

Hi, as Dave said DM do wipers for a number of the housings in the range. If it's a Dennard camera housing let me know and I'll dig out details.

hi phill,

i have sourced a housing with a wiper attached, thanks for you help it is appreciated.

as it's to deal with the webs rather than clean, i'm concidering replacing the wiper blade with one of the ruling halfes hair roller's, as they scare the pickle out me :fear:

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay

we used to be able to get like a marker pen of killer but i think brussels banned it as too many chavs were sucking on them

let us know if it works otherwise it was your choice and im not refunding the tenner

we used to be able to get like a marker pen of killer but i think brussels banned it as too many chavs were sucking on them

let us know if it works otherwise it was your choice and im not refunding the tenner

i'll settle for a pint of you at IFSEC then

i'll post what happens, if it is effective might rig up to a pole like a smoke head tester to save getting up to the camera's.

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
i'll settle for a pint of you at IFSEC then

i'll post what happens, if it is effective might rig up to a pole like a smoke head tester to save getting up to the camera's.

regs

alan

a bulgarian would be cheaper as all the poles are building the olympic stadia

Archived