Security Installer Community

Views On Fixing Impaq Plus To Upvc Frames

zac47

Difficult one. Some windows we have done while the owner was having the new windows put in which is easy if you work with the window fitters to conceal the cable and bring it though the frame. in other cases we use the minature trunking pref the same colour as the frame and use the self stick trunking and you can't it's there time consuming I know but customer satisfaction is priority.

Yep, gotta be screwed. Helps if you you mark it 1st then drill tiny pilot holes. Fishing the cables in can be done but you need experience really.

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

hi

i would like to know your views on the best way of fixing shock sensors (texecom impaq plus) to upvc window frames

thanx

Thanx for the replies I like to use screws but have sometimes used a couple of spots of super glue which holds them on well, just fitting a new built bungalow and the customer was worried about is warranty on the windows using screws and I just wondered if anybody had come up with a better idea than the rubbish sticky pads to get round voiding warranty

Thanx for the replies I like to use screws but have sometimes used a couple of spots of super glue which holds them on well, just fitting a new built bungalow and the customer was worried about is warranty on the windows using screws and I just wondered if anybody had come up with a better idea than the rubbish sticky pads to get round voiding warranty

Trade Member

No we screw the impaq to the window but the trunking we use either the stick pad or mostly pvc adheshive which bonds plastic to pvc which is great

I used glue at customers request on their windows for contacts. Advised against it. Spent the next few months returning to re glue until they had had enough and asked me to screw em.

Would of thought the use of sticky pads would act as a shock absorber on vipers

I think you will find in the instruction manual it tells you the unit has to be fixed firmly to the protected area..only way to get a firm fixing is with a screw

A bit off topic here, but when I worked for a local company I got called out for a refit at a well known Bookies. They wanted the protection taken off the walls but still kept live. Good old Bluetac came in handy untill my colleugue got called out at night due to false alarms. Found out the PIR fell off the wall. So nope no buetac ever again.

cheers Kev

just asking if blutakhad been used before

i havent and wouldnt dream of it but i do know one installer that blutaks contacts to the window frame :yes:

So what made you think of it??

Come on, admit it, you've a job lot of it in yer tool box haven't you. :yes:

I have Blu tack in my tool box.

We use it to seal the cable entry on old pirs on service visits.

yep same here...blu tak to hang pirs??...where did one park his horse i wonder????? :horse:

hi all,

its in my specification we attach with screws, no other option allowed. they are advised to contact the glazing fitter beforehand and seek advice regarding warrenty issues prior to system installation.

get and keep you butt covered all the way.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived