Security Installer Community

Alarm Virgin Needs Help :)

cindy99

hi everyone, let me introduce myself, my name is cindy and im 27 from dublin ireland. i just have moved into my own house and the house is fitted with an alarm but i have no manual and dont know how to change the code. On the box at the front of my house it says "STAR ALARMS" and on the little white key pad in my hall it says Aritech. the previous owner left my the 5 digit code but i dont know how to arm the system or change the code. does anyone here use a Aritech alarm? if so can you please tell me how to arm/disarm it and change the code etc etc? i would be very gratefull. If aritech is the key pad, thats prolly the name of the system and not star alarms? but i suppose there any many models of these alarms. there is no writing on the white keypad so is there any way that i could find out what model it is so i can tell you guys

hope this first post makes sense , i have just finished work

thanks peeps

cindy x x x

hi everyone, let me introduce myself, my name is cindy and im 27 from dublin ireland. i just have moved into my own house and the house is fitted with an alarm but i have no manual and dont know how to change the code. On the box at the front of my house it says "STAR ALARMS" and on the little white key pad in my hall it says Aritech. the previous owner left my the 5 digit code but i dont know how to arm the system or change the code. does anyone here use a Aritech alarm? if so can you please tell me how to arm/disarm it and change the code etc etc? i would be very gratefull. If aritech is the key pad, thats prolly the name of the system and not star alarms? but i suppose there any many models of these alarms. there is no writing on the white keypad so is there any way that i could find out what model it is so i can tell you guys

hope this first post makes sense , i have just finished work

thanks peeps

cindy x x x

hi cindy,

firstly a warm welcome to our forum and i trust it will a be both pleasant and an informative experience.

i don't know the aritec panels but i'm sure other's will, you may have to wait until later when engineers finesh their work too. meanwhile if you have a camera phone or digital camera then a good idea is to post a picture of the keypad. there will be anothe box somwhere else which is the main control panel, might be a model number on it.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

if the keypad is LCD it when you put your code in it should ask you what you want to do ive always found aritec panels good panels but have not got any manuals if my mind serves me right(bearing in mind its been about 6 years since touched an aritec panel) you should have a yes/tick and no/cross keys on your keypad when you put your code in it should ask what you want to do if you press no/cross it should scroll you through options and should find code change in there somewere but like i say i aint got no manuals so if it is LED then i carnt help you sorry you may have to call a local engineer out they shouldnt charge to much for code change and as you havnt got a model number then it would be hard to no the exact way to change it usally i can tell what panel it is by people describing the keypad in detail even though sometimes i have got it wrong lol

Cindy, off the top of my head.......

1) Type in your code, 'Arm Menu' should be displayed

2) Use the arrow keys to scrow through the menu until you see 'Change Code' or similar

3) Press tick

4) 'Change Own Code' should be displayed

5) Press Tick

6) Type in your new code which CANNOT contain a zero(Because zero is used as Clear on Aritechs)

7) Press Tick

8) Verify your new code by typing it in again

9) Press Tick

10) Press Cross until you return to the normal screen, 'finished?' may be displayed, if so, just press Tick.

Any Problems, PM me. B)

thanks for the replies guys. ok i have downloaded the user manual for the cs350 but it still doesnt make sense to me.

when i key in my code the alarm automatically arms itself and starts buzzing, how do i get to the options to change the code

(please fogive this dumb blonde for being so daft)

thanks fellas

cindy x x x

hi cindy have you followed the instructions morgan has posted try that

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

Sounds like the code you have is programmed for arm & disarm and does not have any other attributes assigned to it. I would see if you can get a hold of any other codes that the previous owner may know. Without it you will need an an engineer to reset your user code.

cheers Kev

hi cindy have you followed the instructions morgan has posted try that

when i following morgans 1st step :

1) Type in your code, 'Arm Menu' should be displayed

the system just arms itself, i really need this code changed but im just a dumb blonde personal trainer :)

hope someone has an idea

cindy x x x

thanks for the replies guys. ok i have downloaded the user manual for the cs350 but it still doesnt make sense to me.

when i key in my code the alarm automatically arms itself and starts buzzing, how do i get to the options to change the code

(please fogive this dumb blonde for being so daft)

thanks fellas

cindy x x x

Hi there cindy, i have good knowledge on the aritech panels i work with them on a daily basis, the problem you have is exactly what has already been stated, your code has no attributes and certainly isn't the master code for the system, you will need to (if possible) get another code from the previous owner, if that fails get an engineer out from initial fire & security or someone who has experience on those panels to crash and reprogramme it.

Have you tried default code of no default info please cindy

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Have you tried default code of no default info please cindy

Chris

HI GUYS,, I AM IN NEED OF HELP,, I HAVE GOT THE KEYS FOR MY NEW HOUSE OVER THE WEEKEND,, THERE IS AN ALARM CALLED C & K SECURITECH I HAVE LOOKED ON THE TINTERNET REGARDING IT FOR HELP BUT NO JOY.. THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THAT THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAS MOVED ABROAD AN IVE GOT NO CHANCE OF OBTAINING IT,, CAN ANY ONE HELP ME PLEASE,, IS THERE A WAY TO RESET IT, IF SO HOW DO I DO IT, THE REASON I NEED IT WORKING IS IM DECORATINGTHE HOUSE AT THE MO AND STILL LIVING AT OLD HOUSE,, BUT I HAVE MOVED SOME OF OUR BELONGINGS THERE,, AND THE WAY THE WORLD IS TODAY I CANT SLEEP WITHOUT THINKING THE WORSE,, MANY THANKS ROB.. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS *******.COM THANKS A MILLION

Please read these forums rules, we do not give out engineering manuals or information on how to default a panel.

HI GUYS,, I AM IN NEED OF HELP,, I HAVE GOT THE KEYS FOR MY NEW HOUSE OVER THE WEEKEND,, THERE IS AN ALARM CALLED C & K SECURITECH I HAVE LOOKED ON THE TINTERNET REGARDING IT FOR HELP BUT NO JOY.. THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THAT THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAS MOVED ABROAD AN IVE GOT NO CHANCE OF OBTAINING IT,, CAN ANY ONE HELP ME PLEASE,, IS THERE A WAY TO RESET IT, IF SO HOW DO I DO IT, THE REASON I NEED IT WORKING IS IM DECORATINGTHE HOUSE AT THE MO AND STILL LIVING AT OLD HOUSE,, BUT I HAVE MOVED SOME OF OUR BELONGINGS THERE,, AND THE WAY THE WORLD IS TODAY I CANT SLEEP WITHOUT THINKING THE WORSE,, MANY THANKS ROB.. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS**********THANKS A MILLION

You need the services of an engineer.

These forums do not give out engineering manuals or information on how to default a panel.

You need the services of an engineer.

These forums do not give out engineering manuals or information on how to default a panel.

I WASN'T ASKING FOR ENGINEERING MANUALS I WAS ONLY ASKING FOR HELP,, BLOODY HELL ITS A SECURITY COMMUNITY NOT A HACK SITE,, JUST A BIT OF HELP,, IF YOU DON'T GIVE HELP OUT WHATS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THE SITE, I SUGGEST YOU READ ALL THE OTHER POSTS THEN

I suggest you loose the abrasive attitude,before you make any other posts on these forums. Thre is no need to loose the plot because we wont tell you what you need to know.

You need the services of an engineer, the problem you have cannot be resolved without with one who has access to an engineering manual and knows how to default the panel.

I WASN'T ASKING FOR ENGINEERING MANUALS I WAS ONLY ASKING FOR HELP,, BLOODY HELL ITS A SECURITY COMMUNITY NOT A HACK SITE,, JUST A BIT OF HELP,, IF YOU DON'T GIVE HELP OUT WHATS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THE SITE, I SUGGEST YOU READ ALL THE OTHER POSTS THEN

hi mifftyefc,

typing in upper case is 'shouting', not the best way to get what is free help which to date you have had more than a fair ammount of.

you are at the point where you have to call a local company to assist you, as for obvious security reasons to 'us' (if not you) we can not devolge the information which you are asking for, it could compromise anothers persons security system.

we are 'security community' forum, members offer their help willingly and unpaid, mainly to unraval the mysteries of using a system, we have to be very serious about our profession and professionalism.

i think we have gone as far as we can on this thread, please feel free to pm any contributor who has helped you, but don't shout at them if they can't or won't.

Arfur

:closed:

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived