Security Installer Community

Apple Iphone

Pav

Apple iPhone is coming out in the States in June and it will be only available on one network - Cingular. There is no exact date of it appearing on shelves in UK yet but rumour is November (in time for Christmas) and costing something close to PS3 (!!!!!). Will they go for just one network provider or not? Will it be free on contract?

It looks like amazing piece of overpriced kit.

Apple iPhone

What do you think?

Pav

Initial Fire and Security

http://www.ies.uk.com

pavel@ies.uk.com

That's what I thought...3 seems to be a little bit more advanced in providing interactive content and music than the competitors.

3 may well be more advanced at providing interactive content it is just a shame they are not more advanced in providing a handset that can make phone calls.That network (i.m.o) is a shower of //.B.W.F.//

3 may well be more advanced at providing interactive content it is just a shame they are not more advanced in providing a handset that can make phone calls.That network (i.m.o) is a shower of //.B.W.F.//

I switched from O2 to 3 three months ago and never had problem, works just the same, signal is strong and it's same tariff from abroad when I can find 3 network (which isn't as hard as it seems).

Pav

pavel@ies.uk.com

I switched from O2 to 3 three months ago and never had problem, works just the same, signal is strong and it's same tariff from abroad when I can find 3 network (which isn't as hard as it seems).

Well i have just moved from 3 to o2....after 5 new handsets which were all faulty i had to get ofcom onto them to get them to sort the problem out :ranting: ....and this is not a racist statement,but them guys in india are completey useless....very polite and eager to help buy frankley they are no help at all..the guys in india coupled with a dyer network..bad combination

One tip if you want anything done try to speak to someone in scotland the guys there seem a little more switched on :whistle:

Tell me about it. I got on the 3 network and used it for a month before consigning it to the draw. It doesn't roam very well and when you switch from 3g to 2g in bed areas it drops the call. I rung india to ask for help and they advised trying my sim card in another phone. I asked if they were going to provide one and they said no. I then asked where was i going to get aforementioned phone and they asked if i had a spare one lying around at home. I will just use this one i have pulled out of my ass. Useless.

Tell me about it. I got on the 3 network and used it for a month before consigning it to the draw. It doesn't roam very well and when you switch from 3g to 2g in bed areas it drops the call. I rung india to ask for help and they advised trying my sim card in another phone. I asked if they were going to provide one and they said no. I then asked where was i going to get aforementioned phone and they asked if i had a spare one lying around at home. I will just use this one i have pulled out of my ass. Useless.

LOL! I've rang 3 helpdesk in India in the past to ask how much it costs me to post photos from my phone to google blog (build in feature in Sony K800i phone), they asked me what cable I use to connect the phone to the internet!!!!! Do'h!

After 10 minutes of explaining that it is not bluetooth I am trying to use they told me that it's FREE when in fact it isn't.

Apart from that I still got good experience using 3.

Anyway....Apple iPhone.....anyone know anything about UK relaease date?

Pav

pavel@ies.uk.com

• 1 month later...

i dont think 3 will get it becuase its not a 3g phone unless they are going to add that to the uk/euro model.

i think t-mobile or o2 will get it. im on 3 at the moment and my contract ends in march next year probally get the iphone then or at end of january.

and the release date is june i think.

ta

Archived