Security Installer Community

NEXUS 8 ALRM PANELS

Guest RANDAL

Guest RANDAL

Hi we install the nexus 8 alarm systems also the focus p.i.r. does anyone else and what do you think any info will help thanks

We tried these for a few months, and have about 50 or so installed.

What caused us to stop using them was the ease in which they could be reset to default settings.

The thing was that if for some reason the if the AUX fuse blows and then there`s a powercut, upon the mains being reconnected the panel would reset to factory defaults.

The events above actually mimic the manufacturers factory reset as described in the manual. So for instance if i was to break in, find the panel - pull the AUX fuse and then powerdown and power up i`d be able to gain full control of the system by using the factory code and shut the alarm up.

Another MAJOR factor in us deciding to stop using them was the fact that maplins are offering a full DIY kit using this panel, and selling it for £99.

Im not sure if this fault has been sorted out yet by the manufacturer, but other than that we found them quite good panels. Its also a nice feature to see the use of seperate zone tamper circuits on a such a cheap panel.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest Gazzerdaman

So any burgler which has done his h/w could probably reset one of these quite easily. Not a great panel on the tamper front then !

Guest Installer

Yeah this was around 18 months ago we discovered the fault.

Since then we havnt used them, but yeah if For instance I knew where the main panel was, and i forced entry through the main entry route, I could easily shut up the panel before the entry time expires.

Guest RANDAL

THANKS FOR THE INFO ON NEXUS 8 WE WILL BE CHANGIING SYSTEMS . ALSO IS THIS A QUIET TIME FOR INSTALLING ALARM SYSTEMS

Archived