Security Installer Community

Maintenance Checklist.

maintenance_checklist.pdf

The above PDF file is a list of most of the tests and checks I carry out each time I do an (bells only) alarm service. This is my own list so feel free to use it if you like.

Obviously a few more checks are carried out for monitored systems.

Im curious to know if the checklist above is simillar to what other service engineers do for each service..?

So download or view the above file and take a close look at it,

what else would you add to this list?

what dont you do?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

While im on the subject of lists I was wondering if you`d like any other documents uploaded for your usage.

Such as a Wiring Schedule, spur installation checklist, historical record sheet, etc etc.

What do you need ???????

Yeah the above PDF file is suitable for SSAIB/NACOSS but only for bells only services.

I use the same sheet for my Monitored Alarms but on the back of it I write down all the signals and times i sent those signals while testing the alarm. Then just tick them off as received/restored etc when i go through them with the central station.

Ill see what other documents i can get scanned and upload them on friday.

Guest Mico

Dave.

One item that should be included on all service visits is a check that each detector is providing the cover as specified.

For example if a movement detector is specified to provide coverage of a door or window and between service visits the client has installed a partition or shelving blocking the view, this should be noted on the call sheet with any recommendations and signed for by the client. It should also result in the specification being amended.

Apart from being a requirement of BS 4737, it is an important point from a liabilty point of view. If there was a loss, a clever lawyer might say that the system was not working as specified (fit for purpose) if a detectors view was blocked, especially if a service visit failed to identify such a situation.

Regards Mico

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Thanks for pointing that out Kenny, I `ve just re-uploaded the documents so they should be available again now.

Also mate I cant seem to email you, keep getting my emails returned.

Guest kenny james

B) sorry about that dave as explained in my e-mail to you i updated my windows as requested by windows update and since then everything seems to have gone up the wall with my computer trying to access websites i am registered with hopefully you have received my e-mail just incase you didnt my e-mail address is discosounds@supanet.com.

hopefully simmo has received an e-mail from me too!!. ^_^

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Hi there have been reading your post on documents & when i come to down load them it gives me an error 404 could you please help as i am also looking to set up my own security company.I was self employed back in the early 90's for 5 yrs installing alarms but obviously things have changed a lot with the advent of en 50131 & pd 6662.Since then have worked for electrical contractors & security companies but really feel the need to try again but i want to get either ssaib or nsi registered in the future so i want the correct paper work systems & procedures in place right from the off.

Any help would be great.

Regards

Darlo101

Hi there have been reading your post on documents & when i come to down load them it gives me an error 404 could you please help as i am also looking to set up my own security company.I was self employed back in the early 90's for 5 yrs installing alarms but obviously things have changed a lot with the advent of en 50131 & pd 6662.Since then have worked for electrical contractors & security companies but really feel the need to try again but i want to get either ssaib or nsi registered in the future so i want the correct paper work systems & procedures in place right from the off.

Any help would be great.

Regards

Darlo101

Theres a date at the top of each post the last one is 31 December 2003 so they were pre EN/PD6662 anyway

• 3 months later...

I was interested to see this topic but was unable to view any of the documents, i presume this is because it as been removed since 2003

I have developed my own maintenance form over the last 30 years which i dont mind putting up on this site but i dont no how.

Also can an area like the manuals site be created that members can share documents and ideas about admin.

ooops i have just scrolled down to see Attach Files.

The following files are my service sheet, if you want to use it please do so on the understanding that the copy right remains mine.

Any sensible comments are welcome.

SERVICE FORM 1208.doc

DOMESTIC MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT 0411.doc

AbleAlarmMan

Able Alarm Ltd

4. CIRCUIT RESISTANCE. Pass / Fail. Yes / No.

Check resistance against records

Check circuits clear of earth faults

You check every circuit resistance with a meter or if possible resistance given by the panel? What if the system has 50+ ccts? earth faults?

i an lucky that 85 percent of customers are domestic, other 15 percent commercial with under 30 devices. Yes i test all Ccts. my customers pay me well for my services and i am happy to get the work. i dont have to rush and its very no so often i have to return between visits. My passing comment to customers is "hope not to see you for 12 months" but there all no that i will be there if needed.

AbleAlarmMan

Able Alarm Ltd

i an lucky that 85 percent of customers are domestic, other 15 percent commercial with under 30 devices.

You can tell by your forms.

Some of our jobs can have 12 or more PSU's to check, with 2 eight zone expanders in each PSU.

There is no space on your forms for more than one PSU.

I developed this form for the size of my system but there is no reason additional sheets for larger systems couldnt be used

AbleAlarmMan

Able Alarm Ltd

Have you ever actually found any high resistances/shorts to earth or other cable faults through doing these readings on a service? Not having a go, just curious as to how other people work. I personally don't take circuit resistances on a routine service visit unless there is a good reason to (recent false alarm etc). Most of our jobs are FSL wired, so it would require removal of resistors to get a true resistance of the cable. Way too much faffing in my opinion...

Trade Member

Archived