Security Installer Community

Need Low Cost London Takeover

I am a home-owner in London (W1). When I bought my flat the previous owner had a contract with Chubb.

The intruder alarm has an Abacus third-party board and the usual array of movement sensors in the main rooms, and contacts on doors. The box on the front of the building says Bushwood Security.

I left Chubb because they were totally disorganized and unresponsive. I have since been looking for a new firm to takeover and monitor my system. Two firms have done takeover surveys, but both have quoted around

I am a home-owner in London (W1). When I bought my flat the previous owner had a contract with Chubb.

The intruder alarm has an Abacus third-party board and the usual array of movement sensors in the main rooms, and contacts on doors. The box on the front of the building says Bushwood Security.

I left Chubb because they were totally disorganized and unresponsive. I have since been looking for a new firm to takeover and monitor my system. Two firms have done takeover surveys, but both have quoted around

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Have you lost Police response? If so, that is the reason why there is a cost - because you will need an entirely new system as the existing one does not comply with current regulations. No reputable registered firm will be able to take it over without upgrading in that instance. Only SSAIB or NSI firms can provide monitoring with Police response.

Presumably the quoting companies have given you a reason why they are charging you

Registering with the local police and having a Unique Reference Number (URN) from the Met Police Security Systems's Inspectorate are two completely separate things. The former does not give you any response at all, only the latter does. The URN can be can cancelled by the outgoing alarm company. If you had too many false Police call outs your URN would have been withdrawn. Did you ever pay (via Chubb) the Met

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Registering with the local police and having a Unique Reference Number (URN) from the Met Police Security Systems's Inspectorate are two completely separate things. The former does not give you any response at all, only the latter does. The URN can be can cancelled by the outgoing alarm company. If you had too many false Police call outs your URN would have been withdrawn. Did you ever pay (via Chubb) the Met

Archived