Security Installer Community

Nice Wiring

uski

This is a pic of what I found above the false ceiling while I was commissioning a system installed by a subby!

another case of a few more seconds and he could have done the job properly, i would be a little verbous as you could immagine towards this twerp.

i might also take the time to exsplain to him that most if not all manufacturer's, do not recommend running detection in the same cable as sirens :realmad: .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
i might also take the time to exsplain to him that most if not all manufacturer's, do not recommend running detection in the same cable as sirens :realmad: .

regs

alan

xxxx are you telling me yet again that ive been doing it wrong for the last twenty years :no: or did you mean to say speakers :yes: and data cables :)

xxxx are you telling me yet again that ive been doing it wrong for the last twenty years :no: or did you mean to say speakers :yes: and data cables :)

hi Angus,

no matey, for as long as i can remmember it was no bells/sirens (including speakers) to be run in with zone wiring, even conventional CCT wiring zone cables, and way before data ever crept into alarms - i'm talking relays and transistor technomology here.

it could cause a false indication, also more for engineers safety. ever touched a 'pair' feeding a ringing internal bell? three cherries and a lots of swearing guarenteed, in a siren with an operating strobe inadvertantly touching the 12 volts supply could actually burn you.

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
hi Angus,

no matey, for as long as i can remmember it was no bells/sirens (including speakers) to be run in with zone wiring, even conventional CCT wiring zone cables, and way before data ever crept into alarms - i'm talking relays and transistor technomology here.

it could cause a false indication, also more for engineers safety. ever touched a 'pair' feeding a ringing internal bell? three cherries and a lots of swearing guarenteed, in a siren with an operating strobe inadvertantly touching the 12 volts supply could actually burn you.

regs

alan

time for your medicine again old chap

its 12v plain and simple nothing more nothing less the cable would melt before it hurt and the strobe touch the supply - er isolated by the transformer in the external box

speakers not good - corrupts data

im working in a little shop installing security at the mo .old trunking running everywhere, not nice. its also quite untidy. the previous owner had left a drum of mains cable in a corner, i thought nothing of it and it wasn't in my way so i didn't touch it. the new owner and my customer was moving sockets and was trying to trace cables from the fuse board, guess where the cable wired into the 30 amp fuse went?

that's right, the cooker, only joking it was the drum of cable in the corner, live and 30 amps!

im working in a little shop installing security at the mo .old trunking running everywhere, not nice. its also quite untidy. the previous owner had left a drum of mains cable in a corner, i thought nothing of it and it wasn't in my way so i didn't touch it. the new owner and my customer was moving sockets and was trying to trace cables from the fuse board, guess where the cable wired into the 30 amp fuse went?

that's right, the cooker, only joking it was the drum of cable in the corner, live and 30 amps!

It's to stop the scroats nicking it to weigh it in. They'll only try it the once.

:rolleyes:

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

time for your medicine again old chap

its 12v plain and simple nothing more nothing less the cable would melt before it hurt and the strobe touch the supply - er isolated by the transformer in the external box

speakers not good - corrupts data

the induced high voltage on 12 volt line from the strobe circuit can actually burn you, it feels like a wasp sting than a jolt, so wonder if it is actuall;y microwaving you fingers :'(

the strobe has to be active and you need to touch the wires as it won't 'arc' to you, not that i'd recommend anyone try it out for themselves.

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
the induced high voltage on 12 volt line from the strobe circuit can actually burn you, it feels like a wasp sting than a jolt, so wonder if it is actuall;y microwaving you fingers :'(

the strobe has to be active and you need to touch the wires as it won't 'arc' to you, not that i'd recommend anyone try it out for themselves.

regs

alan

only part on an active strobe thats remotly dangermouse is the metal " band" that encircles it - ie behind the bellbox cover - and then you need to be up around the 500v dc mark to feel anything you implied that the cables feeding the sounders were " hot "

now phone cables are a different bag of fish - ac ring volts whilst stripping them with your teeth anyone ?

a friend of mine put a home highway lead into mouth when trying to pass it through a hole in a shelf...

tiongue went numb for ages i'm told

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Archived