Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9427

kcbabi

Hi guys

new to the site.

I have a scantronic 9427 keypad on my house alarm.. Recently the alarm seems to trigger itself and it always the same number on the control panel to indicate which zone caused the alarm - but i don't know what sensor is what number on the control panel. Is there a way tha I can find out which sensor is which zone/number on the panel?

If so, short term until I can investigate the problem further, is there a way I can omit this 'zone' from the alarm so that I can at least set the alarm - without annoying the neighbours too much.

Sorry, I know I've posted a lot, but a mate recommended the site as someone helped him when he moved into his flat

cheers all, thanks for reading

Have you tried the original installers? They will probably have a record of the zone listing. I think the 9427 is the keypad for the 9448 panel, if so to omit a zone you key in the zone number followed by OMIT and then your code.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Is there a way tha I can find out which sensor is which zone/number on the panel?

If you've got a user manual it should tell you how to do a "walk test" which will enable you to figure out which is which and whether it works OK.

Have you tried the original installers? They will probably have a record of the zone listing.

have no record of who installed it. The guy I bought property from had no paperwork at all - no log book - instructions, anything. Found an instruction manual 'on line' but that doesn't seem to help as it has nothing about finding zones

Guest anguscanplay

ask for an instruction manual either here or on the cooper website it should explain how to walk test and omit curcuits

ask for an instruction manual either here or on the cooper website it should explain how to walk test and omit curcuits

Thanks for suggestion. I have found a copy for a 9448 alarm - is that the alarm I have with a 9427 keypad - sorry, I really have no idea about house alarms?

Have you tried the original installers? They will probably have a record of the zone listing. I think the 9427 is the keypad for the 9448 panel, if so to omit a zone you key in the zone number followed by OMIT and then your code.

cheers mate - I have found a copy for 9448 alarm but doesn't say about walk test - maybe incomplete manual. Do you know where I can get a full copy?

I'm only 24 so I havent come across these much on install but I'm not so sure about the 9448 - I thought it was more like 9452's, if you find the main control panel in the loft of cupboard that will give you a better clue as to what panel you have.

Trade Member

Hi guys

new to the site.

I have a scantronic 9427 keypad on my house alarm.. Recently the alarm seems to trigger itself and it always the same number on the control panel to indicate which zone caused the alarm - but i don't know what sensor is what number on the control panel. Is there a way tha I can find out which sensor is which zone/number on the panel?

If so, short term until I can investigate the problem further, is there a way I can omit this 'zone' from the alarm so that I can at least set the alarm - without annoying the neighbours too much.

Sorry, I know I've posted a lot, but a mate recommended the site as someone helped him when he moved into his flat

cheers all, thanks for reading

Here is a User Guide, use the Walk Test facility to identify your circuits, good luck.

By the way, as you asked, you will have to 'Omit' the troublesome circuit every time you 'Set' the system, to do this on a more perm. basis will require an engineer.

9448_User_Guide.pdf

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

cheers mate - I have found a copy for 9448 alarm but doesn't say about walk test - maybe incomplete manual. Do you know where I can get a full copy?

user manual attached, walk test= 5, enter, code. to stop walk test put your code in.

Ps the manual posted by magpye is for an older model

9448plus_user.pdf

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived