Security Installer Community

Premier 48 Chime-only Zone?

chris123

Hi,

Here's a puzzle...

I have a Premier 48 and I want to make a zone simply chime and never cause an alarm if it is activated when the system is armed. It appears to be impossible to assign a zone to not activate the alarm, and it also appears to be impossible to exclude an area from causing an alarm.

The use I have for this right now is a faulty PIR that I'm trying to trouble shoot by having it chime whenever it goes on. However I want to exclude it from when the panel is fully armed too. At the moment I have to remember to omit it before arming which is a bit of a pain.

The most promising fankle I tried was to set up an area suite to only set area A, and to use area B (which would never be set) for the test zone. However having area suites seems to make part arms become unavailable.

I can't help thinking there's a clever set-up that allows this to work but I can't find it.

Anyone ideas?

Thanks

Soak test. Although this won't do anything whilst the system is unset.

Or, disconnect the zone wiring from the panel and have the PIR trigger a buzzer directly.

Or as Ive done before with beams across drives, program the zone as guard / or anything, dont assign to any areas, and just simply select chime 2 that way it will chime 3 times if it triggers. Easier just to change it now though!

Trade Member

Way 2:

Programme the zone as custom and then set your attributes as required

That's the one! I looked at custom before and concluded that all the attribute options there were just different ways to cause an alarm... which they are, unless you don't set *any* attributes at all! Excellent! Thanks very much! Better then Texecom tech support could do...

B)

Thanks for the all the suggestions! Setting it to custom zone with no attributes seems to be the easiest. Uh-ho, there it goes again. It's an RF360 on the garage ceiling. We were convinced there was a cat trapped in the garage at one point or a spider running amok inside the detector but having excluded both those options (the cat one in the middle of the night :realmad: ), I'm fairly convinced the detector has gone bad. It seems to have long periods of either being off or on (mood swings?) and I'm now pretty sure it's not dodgy wiring.

Thanks for your help!

Archived