Security Installer Community

Gardtec 800 Series - 'battery Fuse' Fault

Duncan

I have a Gardtec 800 Series alarm systems which is working very well, however we have recently experienced a couple of power cuts, if the alarm is set after about 30-60 minutes the alarm is triggered, and the key pad displays a

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

I have a Gardtec 800 Series alarm systems which is working very well, however we have recently experienced a couple of power cuts, if the alarm is set after about 30-60 minutes the alarm is triggered, and the key pad displays a

Its the battery not the fuse, if it were the fuse then the panel wouldnt work in a power cut!

What size is the battery?

And have you load tested the battery?

Pete

As i said could well be a duff battery :rolleyes:

Thanks for the helpful suggestions, I removed the cover today along with the fuse in the mains spur and checked a few things:-

The circuit board has four fuses, all of which are OK when tested.

The battery is NP7-12 which is a 12V 7AH, with the mains voltage switched off I checked the battery and obtained a reading of 11.94V and I thing 1.34A, not being a electrician this seems a little low.

Once I replaced the cover all seemed OK, I did notice the following entry in the log 'Watchdog Reset' with a January date, never seen this before, is this due to the fact I triggered the tamper unit on the Gartec 800 and then reset it. I have to do it this way as I do not have the engineers code.

If the battery is dropping below 12V soon after removing mains then the battery should be replaced (unless there is a reason why it is not charging properly...). Also, if it is really showing 1.34A then it has no power to accept any load. It should be around 7amps.

"Watchdog reset" is logged when mains and battery power is removed.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived