Security Installer Community

Hi Everyone - Help Needed

mineh71

Hello to you all

This is my first post and I am not sure whether this is in the correct area !

Well here goes ....

Having just moved to a new house over the weekend I am looking for a new wireless alarm system.

Can anyone please give me their thoughts on the BT, Scantronic, Menvier and Texecom range.

I have done some searching today and rather like the Texecom Premier range.

Where is a good outlet to source the alarm?

I have 5 zones and possibly a fire zone. Plus is there any siren out there that is wired ?

I have heard that a wired siren is the better option to a wireless one.

Thanks In Advance

mikeh71

id agree a wired sounder is better than a wireless one, but buying proper kit and hoping you can fit it might not be the best approach. Pro kit (as above excluding bt) assumes you have had previous training and a certain knowledge. While diy kit is carp it is easy to install. For the begineer the above probably isnt

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

id agree a wired sounder is better than a wireless one, but buying proper kit and hoping you can fit it might not be the best approach. Pro kit (as above excluding bt) assumes you have had previous training and a certain knowledge. While diy kit is carp it is easy to install. For the begineer the above probably isnt

Thanks for the reply.

I am actually going to get my friend to do the install as he has 16th ed knowledge etc and knows what he is doing more than myself. I am just after peoples opinions as to the best kit around for the money !!

Thanks

mikeh71

Visonic Powermax is nice too, the bell is wired from a local power point the signals are wireless. very easy to programme and use.

You can even take the keypad about the house with you if so desired.

cheers

Visonic Powermax is nice too, the bell is wired from a local power point the signals are wireless. very easy to programme and use.

You can even take the keypad about the house with you if so desired.

cheers

Thanks for you reply.

I have just looked at the Visonic website and it looks like I need a transformer as they are an american unit.

Is this correct ?

Where can I source one at a good price in the UK?

Thanks

Mike

The BT system is a dumbed down Powermax designed for for simple DIY. Not sure what the differences are, but it does not have all the features of the standard powermax, and I don't think comes with support from Visonic.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived