Security Installer Community

Two External Sounders For Esp Infinite

panix

I need a wireless alarm and I like the look of the ESP infinite.

However, it's for a mid-terrace house.

Apparently you can only have one wireless external sounder. That includes the wireless controller that can interface a conventional wired sounder. And I believe you can EITHER have a wired OR a wireless sounder, not both.

I would use two wired sounders but the house is a nightmare of polished floors and inaccessible roofspaces. That's why I'm choosing wireless in the first place.

In effect I can only have one external sounder with this alarm. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't think of a mid-terrace house as protected if it can't have a sounder front AND back. Unless I've got this very wrong, ESP have not thought through this requirement at all.

So, my question is, Is there any unofficial way to run a second wired alarm from an Infinite control panel that is set up to use a wireless sounder? I can add a relay or electronic switching so long as there's a voltage change somewhere in the box that I can use.

Yes the problem is the difficulty of getting a wire from the front to the back of the house. I can site the panel so I can wire one sounder to it but then the second sounder would have to be wireless. You can use just one wireless sounder which can be a self-contained one or a controller wired to a conventional sounder. The controller could of course control two sounders but then we'd be back to a wire from front to back.

And yes, I would go wired if I could. I don't have the skills and inside knowledge of those of you who wire alarms every day, but I don't think many would choose to do this one wired. I don't like wireless with its range limitations and its batteries running out, but I don't think defeating a modern system would be easy. They don't encrypt the same data the same way twice and will alarm if they are jammed.

I'd heard ESP were a good wireless system but I will heed the warning and look for alternatives.

dont kno where you would get it form but scantronic do a wireless system that will take multiple wirelss sounders, so do cqr freewave and of course my personal favorite is the domonial but i doubt you will get one of those to fit yourself

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I'd heard ESP were a good wireless system but I will heed the warning and look for alternatives.

There are pros and cons to all systems, and whether they are good or possibly not as good as they could be, there will always be someone to tell you not to touch them with a barge pole. For a true DIY installations you do not have many options. The two favourite options seems to be ESP and the Visonic PowerMax. You can always try and talk directly with their tech support to see if either have a solution to your concerns.

Incidentally, I wouldn't say that it is common practise at all to put two live bells on any house.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived