Security Installer Community

Sl Dialler

fatgrass2007

Hi Everyone

I have a newbie question for all the alarm gurus.

I just had my master telephone socket moved by BT to another for room for broadband, the socket had my SL Dialer wired to it.

Everything now workd, unfortuntely my SL Dialer is not dialing out (on extension socket) to the nominated phone numbers when the alarm is triggered.

The engineer has wired the alarm cable into the extension socket.....he smiled and said...."oh, call the alarm company to see if ts wired correctly to the socket"

See picture attached - its an sl dialler (which model is it?), can anbody provide me with the wiring instructions?

ps. if I do a test dial from the dialer, it dials but I can still ring my number,so its obviously incorrectly wired!!

Not happy

All help appreciated......need the sympathy vote

post-11386-1169906266.jpg

As it says at the top of the page;

This community will not divulge control panel defaulting instructions to standard members. Neither will this community provide Engineer/Installation manuals for any control panel or other security equipment.

If the cable that it is wired to the telephone line in is alarm cable then it is incorrect and should be rectified. Removing the dialler from the wall could require you to call out the installer to reset the system so I would advise caution with regard to taking things apart unless you know exactly what you are doing.

As it says at the top of the page;

If the cable that it is wired to the telephone line in is alarm cable then it is incorrect and should be rectified. Removing the dialler from the wall could require you to call out the installer to reset the system so I would advise caution with regard to taking things apart unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Thanks for the advice.

If you have the BBand on the same line you will also require a filter otherwise it will not work

Hi

BBand is terminated on new master socket, the alarm is now wired on a normal extension socket

I have a black and red wire connected to the extension socket - not sure if the bt guy has placed the wires in the correct order or line placements, just wanted to know if the two wires are in the correct place (if anyone has the same SL Dialer).

Thanks

I have a black and red wire connected to the extension socket - not sure if the bt guy has placed the wires in the correct order or line placements, just wanted to know if the two wires are in the correct place (if anyone has the same SL Dialer).

It depends where the other end of the red and black wires are terminated.

So both ends need to match...ie if master red is on number 1 the extension needs to be on number 1?

No, 2 goes to B, 5 goes to A and 3 goes to AB, IIRC. Haven't got a manual to hand, don't normally need one for ripping the things off the wall. :whistle:

Archived