Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Setting Up Areas

martlewis

Hi again,

Before I start looking into reprogramming my Premier 48 panel I have a question that may save me lots of time.

My setup is 4 areas, area a = upstairs, b = downstairs, c = workshop, d = fire.

When I set the alarm from upstairs it arms b and c

When I set the alarm from downstairs it arms a, b and c

I want to add a keypad in the workshop and setup so that the alarm is always set on area c. Arming and disarming from the upstairs and downstairs turns on and off the house but can't disarm the workshop.

Does that make sense?

Please if anyone can help?

Many thanks.

Did that mate, keypad 3 in workshop (area arm suite c) has no effect now on any other area, same with the other keypads. Also set a new code that just arms the workshop and removed area c from all other users. Works spot on. From user point of view a minor glitch tho... When set using the workshop keypad, all keypads show a message saying workshop set. If someone arms or disarms from a different keypad then they all default to part set message. Only problem is that nobody will know which of the 3 areas is part set. Does that make sense? Any ideas?

I want one message displayed if area c is armed, one if area b is armed, and full setting is fine anyway it seems.

Was hoping the keypad could just display the relevant message since it has an lcd display, silly me, way too sensible an idea lol

The European standards say that an alarm is not allowed to display its set status, you would have to untick the box that says enable en50132 in the options then it will probably do as you want.

Trade Member

The European standards say that an alarm is not allowed to display its set status, you would have to untick the box that says enable en50132 in the options then it will probably do as you want.

It's DIY, what regulations?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

cheers mate, will give that a try tomorrow. Is changing that setting gonna change any other behavior on the system?

Works a treat mate, does exactly what I wanted in that it constantly shows the names of the armed areas now.

Just one thing I'm not sure about, keypad 1 (suite a ) is entry exit and arms once door is closed. Keypad 2 (suite b ) is instant arming.

If I arm the workshop (Area c) from keypad 1 it doesn't arm until you open and close the front door of the house, which is a real nuisance. If I arm it from keypad 2 it arms instantly.

I've got got area c setup as instant arm but the suite settings seem to be over riding it?

Also when part armed all the door chimes stop working, any idea how to sort this out too?

cheers all.

Not used the premier i would hazard a guess and say you should assign the keypads to their own groups. Also guessing to make the garage local set only and not global.

But you`ll have to get one of the tex boys to confirm.

Now if you was using menvier galaxy or scantronic its easy peasy :P

cheers

Archived