Security Installer Community

Buzzing Scantronic

Alarm Co

same prob here. 20% buzz. psu tight , solid fixings to wall etc, wont use em anymore.

Had another problem using eol method, if its used on smokes or pa's you get a tamper sometimes three days later,although often sooner. You automatically think its a fault and check everything only for it to happen again. Cooper deny the fault totally. Ive had many occcasions when mates have fitted them and I always laugh when they say theyve used eol , as soon as smoke or pa is mentioned i get the fiver out, never fails . If you gotta use em double pole em.

They weren't texecom smokes were they?

If so there is a known problem due to them being able to be used as '2 wire', they must be double poled.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
has anyone else had problems with scantronic panels namely the psu buzzing

we fit a lot of 9651 panels to new build propertys and have found that few shortly after comission start to buzz realy badly?

i have got in touch with scanyt and they are saying they dont know about any probs with psu's ??????????????

so can anyone back me up?

I had the same problem with a 9651 when they first come out. Tried putting insulation on the fins but only quietend down a bit. Just replace the transformer and sent the other one back. All was fine then!

Archived