Security Installer Community

Vandal Resistant Panel Advice

bomberharris

Vandal resistant panel advice needed I have a residential block 10 zones were panel been ripped of wall 3 times in last 12 months..need to site pcb in another secure room behind where panel was and just a key pad. barrel and lcd screen on show so as to protect the boards, anybody know of a resonable priced sys with remote operating panel.

Try LINK REMOVED they have a wide collection of cans. You may even want to look at recessing the can if you're able. Or even try a company called H.A.I. - They have a bunch of recessed cans that can be retro-fitted.

Link tested and not working. Removed by moderator. AG

Sorry- the company is Mircom - I believe the web site ie mircom tech dot com. - Russ

i can see his point, a stella can will take far more abuse than a pepsi can. Also if you made an access panel out of it, most of the asbo's would think it was litter and ignore it lol

;)

Sorry, :rolleyes: It's a different terminology I know. But, pretty accurate. The metal box the circuit board comes in is referred to as "the can" over here by the old timers. - Russ

www.mircom.com but not showing any alarm panels and appears US based.

They don't have panels, per say, but a variety of enclosures. You can recess the mircom enclosure and find what adapters or mounts you need to fit the panel in the enclosure. OR, using stand offs, mount the PCB in the enclosure. (Just so you know, every time you see the word enclosure, I had originally had the word can.) Fixed it though! :rolleyes: - Russ

p.s. I think they are actually out of Canada

Archived