Security Installer Community

Hi Guy's - Th' Names' Russ

RussS

Please forgive for intrusion to your site. But, I found it quite fascinating. I have been involved in the industry for 30 years now. BUT not in the U.K. I'm right smack in the middle of the U.S.A. Kansas City Missouri to be exact. I don't know if I can help or hurt your community. But, it is nice to see a site like this. My field work came to an abrupt halt about four years ago when I was run over by a truck and as a result had about five vertebrate jacked. Since then I've been working at a major distributorship here. I kind of miss hanging off the top of a ladder, or having the bit seize in a hammer drill but, I still like this industry. I thought asking a guy with the kind of field experience I had, to sit behind a desk and sell was kind of like asking Mario Andretti to drive a beer truck. But, you've gotta do what you've gotta do. And not that I was all that special, I just believe I have a lot more to offer than "..you want a motion detector with that?" I was pulling wire and installing when the best panel out there only had two zones. One exterior and one interior. The can it sat in was about 8 inches wide and about 2 and a half feet tall. Full of "ice cube" relays and heat deflectors and maybe even a glass tude or two. Sorry (rambling on) - That's enough about me. I like your site, let me know if can can help. Thanks - Russ

Hi there and welcome.

cheers

I wonder if you all have been to the site call Panel Guides dot com? I don't know what brands of panels are the most popular for you. But this site for a tech is a great one. Panel Guides is all one word and then of course dot com. It can be friend in a pinch. - THANKS FOR YOUR WARM WELCOMES. - Russ

panel guids your site then?

Nope....Not mine. Just one I came across a couple of years ago. In the line of work I do now, I'm constantly barraged by techs wanting an old or discontinued user's guide or programming manuals. I was searching the web one day and found the Panel Guides site. At that time there wasn't much on there but now it has really grown. In my hay day I worked a lot with Moose products. Well, trying to find a programming guide now for one of those is futile. BUT Panel Guides has them. Also, where I work has over 400 different manufacturers. Keeping the paper work for even one of the various series of panels would require another warehouse. Besides, most of the crew here have never turned a screw driver in there lives and wouldn't know what to look up in one even if we had them.

Russ from one newbie to another. Welcome. Mickmc

Thank You!

Hi RussS, and welcome to our little community..

I have read your rules for the TRADE MEMBER app. And I would like to apply but will probably need a sponser. The company I work for is a world wide company but I don't know if I should use their name. I was an installer/Project Manager/Service Tech/for almost 30 years. Now I work in sales. Low voltage sales of all kind. In reality I fit the profile conditions yet, actually, since I no longer can install because of the injury I don't know if I qualify. What can I do to be a trade member? I could send a resume if you like. Thanks - Russ

Archived