Security Installer Community

Lost Tools

luggsey

What's the strangest story about losing tools then finding them years later you know?

I "lost" my 500 watt floodlight years ago, recently I worked on site and saw a guy using it, he used to work in a care home that I maintained the fire alarm in and "found it" after one of my visits. He then returned several hand tools that I left there as well, strange thing was I saw him every other month and he never returned any of it untill I caught him. I let him keep the floodlight, what a soft fool I am.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

I was working on an install in oxford street london, I thought I had lent my fluke meter to the lad I was working with, he denied it and the only other explanation I had was that someone had walked off with it while I was on some steps and it was under me.

About 2 years later when I went back to repair a VCL dome (common in those days suprised it lasted that long), I found my meter above the ceiling next to the dome, well chuffed. If I remember correctly it was in sleep mode and still worked!

I was working on an install in oxford street london, I thought I had lent my fluke meter to the lad I was working with, he denied it and the only other explanation I had was that someone had walked off with it while I was on some steps and it was under me.

About 2 years later when I went back to repair a VCL dome (common in those days suprised it lasted that long), I found my meter above the ceiling next to the dome, well chuffed. If I remember correctly it was in sleep mode and still worked!

VCL....my old firm still fits and replaces them every other month! They keep a spare one as they go so often!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

How ironic ... I found an old family airloom today in the bottom of the rim of a Scantronic 9800. Its an old 1940s/50s terminal screwdriver with a pair of naked ladies on that when you turn it upside down their ink filled one piece bathing costumes disappear. Complete with retro haircuts! Shouldnt have been using it for work really because it was my Great Grandad's and managed to find it in his shed when he died ten years ago. But anyway I thought I'd lost it about a year ago but reunited again! :rolleyes:

Trade Member

You used to ... did it not work then?! Could be a good idea?!

Its a great idea...i used to do a lot of work for smart water...not such a great idea to get covered in it though...it stains your hair and skin a luminous yellow for up to 6 months which is invisable to the naked eye....when you go under u.v light you glow.... :rolleyes:

No good if you go clubbing then!!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived