Security Installer Community

ADE Simple Set

Guest BlindTrust

Guest BlindTrust

Hi

Has anyone actually used this? How well does it work? How easy/hard is it to programme a key fob? Can you programme a key fob?

Also I'm looking fir a control panel that can be connected to a computer for alarm notification and/or remote control. Does anyone have any ideas?

BT

The Texecom Premier 48 Can be connected to a PC and they do a proximity keypad

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

• 3 weeks later...

Simple set is as the name implies, simple to use. It can be used on any panel that has a keyswitch input or is fully compatible with the ADE Optima/Accenta G3 panels. It only sets and unsets a system, nothing more.

• 12 years later...
19 minutes ago, diyer said:

Wonder if anyone has installed 2 or 3 of these ADE Simple set readers in one installation? Can you learn a single keyfob to all 3 readers or do you need to have keyfobs for each one? Hope it's not the latter!

You don't need separate fobs for each reader you can use the same one on all three.  These are stand alone units (in so far as remembering the fob hex code) that only store the fob locally not at panel level, like other systems.

Thanks dufjax - good to hear that. Anyone know why these units have been discontinued now? I don't seem to be able to find a simple alternative. Surely keyfob alarm setting with a remote unit like these is a useful feature which no other device seems to offer. 

Every decent modern alarm offers this feature, at least as a mainstream or virtually no-cost option, and you DON'T have reprogramme at every 'keypad'!

The ADE SS was a kludge hence why each reader simply emulates a standard ADE keypad and the key has to be re-progged on each one.

It was presumably discontinued due to very low uptake and the fact that even the cheapest rival panel can do the same thing for less money, plus have LCD full screen text.

As above Texecom would probably be your best bet.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

thanks for the update datad.. hmm I seem to have failed to realize that many rkp's incorporate a prox reader as well hence the poor uptake of the ADE device as you say. I wounder if the texecom prox reader keypads would be compatible with an ade gen4 panel? say the DBC-0001 for example?