Security Installer Community

Veritas 8c Questions

imy877

Hi,

I've recently moved into a new house which has the Veritas 8c alarm, I've worked out how to change the codes etc (thanks to this site!) just one problem: I had an engineer out because the alarm went into maintenance mode, he reset it to factory settings but didnt have a manual so didnt know (or have time to) set it up again. Ever since the entry zones or timings have been incorrect, now when I open the door I dont get any time to type in the code, the alarm just goes off! for the time being I've been disabling the door zone using the omit feature but was wondering if this was something you guys could help with?

I'm aware you can't give out the engineer manuals etc, but would it be possible for someone to give me some info on how to set the entry zone or time I have to unset the alarm. I do have the engineer code, this was given to me by the engineer.

Thanks in advance.

Im

I'm aware you can't give out the engineer manuals etc, but would it be possible for someone to give me some info on how to set the entry zone or time I have to unset the alarm. I do have the engineer code, this was given to me by the engineer.

Thanks in advance.

Im

You can only do this from the engineer programming mode and of course we can't help you with that on here.

The engineer really should have ensured that he could complete the job before he started it unless he did it as a favour free of charge.

If you paid him he should have done the job properly you should call him and ask him to complete the job as you can't use the system properly, or you will need to suffer the loss and pay someone else to do the job properly ... sorry!

Guest Peter James
You can only do this from the engineer programming mode and of course we can't help you with that on here.

The engineer really should have ensured that he could complete the job before he started it unless he did it as a favour free of charge.

If you paid him he should have done the job properly you should call him and ask him to complete the job as you can't use the system properly, or you will need to suffer the loss and pay someone else to do the job properly ... sorry!

QFA

I cant even understand why your here asking! I would be on the installers back threatening to sue if he doesnt come back sort it!

What you paid for an engineer to come out and he defaulted the panel and left you to it????

Did he check the batteries in the panel and bell??

Check all the sensors in walk test mode?

Clean and check all detectors??

I presume you paid him on the cheap. TBH how much cos for a few extra bucks i bet you could have had a proper engineer who would have looked, checked and programmed the system to your needs?

Anyway good luck on programming the system!!!!!

!

Archived