Security Installer Community

Advice Please

binthere

Sorry to rabbit on about TalkTalk again but they really are a nightmare to deal with, I am on there free broadband (I know about free meals) they supplied a 'Speedtouch' Modem which keeps dropping out the green ADSL Led flashes.

Can anyone advise me of a decent modem I can buy and use with talktalk, also where I can buy it from I feel that if I go into the Car phone warehouse I might poke their supplied modem where the sun dont shine.

Hopefully the 'speedtouch' modem will allow me to read the replies AND PREVENT A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Speedtouch has been fine with me for over 6 months on TT and before that a different Speedtouch on BT for several years - are you sure its the modem?

Yeah agreed netgear are gud have a couple of these fitted fitted in the offices with the wireless printer server's. Most good routers with built in ADSL will work with talktalk we have talktalk at home not a bad service bar the customer service but it is cheap

Speedtouch has been fine with me for over 6 months on TT and before that a different Speedtouch on BT for several years - are you sure its the modem?

QFA, to be honest its very unlikely the modem is at fault for the ADSL dropping out the whole time, best thing to do is disconnect any extension wiring you have then try again. How far you are from the exchange can have a major effect on the broadband to tolerate any noise coming from internal wiring.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Thankyou Lads.

After blowing my top with the Indian help line after months of problems, TalkTalk contacted me and stated due to ALL the problems they would send me a new modem ASAp

arrived Saturday and installed a Smart AX MT882 modem.

Thank God it is working well and at speed the Speedtouch Modem was the problem. that could explain an awful lot of the 1000's of complaints on the various websites.

And they are only taking mins to answer their land lines instead of the normal 4 to 24 hours.

I am glad I have no shares in 'The carphone warehouse'

Archived