Security Installer Community

Guardall Px Pin Of The Day

mark hills

I am due to take over a CHUBB system and I understand they operate a pin of the day system that cant be defaulted to normal 'single engineering code' operation. Does anyone know if the software can be replaced/upgraded so it will operate as a standard px panel. I am aware that these systems are usualy rented but my customer has a letter from Chubb stating that he now owns the panel etc. Any help will be much apprecieated.

Visit our website www.alarmsonline.co.uk

I am due to take over a CHUBB system and I understand they operate a pin of the day system that cant be defaulted to normal 'single engineering code' operation. Does anyone know if the software can be replaced/upgraded so it will operate as a standard px panel. I am aware that these systems are usualy rented but my customer has a letter from Chubb stating that he now owns the panel etc. Any help will be much apprecieated.

The panel will need to be flash upgraded, so unless you have the kit to do this then it maybe cheaper to replace the panel ;)

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

The panel will need to be flash upgraded, so unless you have the kit to do this then it maybe cheaper to replace the panel ;)

Thanks J.Paul, not being too familiar with these panels, is the flash upgrade via a laptop and lead? or is there some rediculously expensive peice of custom kit required?

Visit our website www.alarmsonline.co.uk

I think they should give you a written test to establish wether you are legit trade

Perhaps we could introduce a semi-basic questionaire as a part of the application.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

• 4 years later...

If you press the ? and take the produce ID begins with W, then contact Guardall My link and request the commeral software for the panel. You will then need Kanda AVR to flash. This then removes the Pin of the Day.

• 3 months later...
Guest Phil Evans

I guess that depends on what you class as expensive, �65+VAT for a lead seems a bit excessive to me. Turns out I can get past this problem without flashing the panel so �65 in my pocket :rolleyes:

Archived