Security Installer Community

Tamper Led On Sl Compact

Guest wayne

Hello all and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I am a newbie to this site and have recently been looking after my neighbours cat. This has caused no end of dramas, least of all with my alarm. I have looked through the user manual and correctly isolated the rooms downstairs for when my wife and I leave the house and the cat remains in, however in doing so (lots of attempts!) I have caused the TAMPER LED to light on the panel and also the internal sound to come on when movement occurs in any of the rooms. This is not the overall alarm just a 'beep' when the sensors detect movement.

My question is this......... how do I get rid of the inside sounds and Tamper LED?

Thanks is advance for any help or guidance.

Wayne :hmm:

Thanks Pete for the swift reply (minutes!),

Pressing the reset button just turns off the LED for the alarm zone (ie: zone 1 = dining room), it only makes the Tamper LED start flashing, not go out completely! This does not stop the alarm (on the panel only and yes it is just a beep, well "beep, beep2 to be exact).

I don't know when it was last serviced as we moved into this house just over a year ago and the previous owner had it installed when he moved in (approx 2 years ago).

I have read various comments about servicing and batteries but as it occured with me trying to set up the system for this cat, I wouldn't have thought that it was the battery or requiring servicing - just my messing around with it!

Wayne

Thanks Pete,

Worked a treat with the chime instructions. I will probably get it serviced shortly, but what should I be paying (approx) for a general service?

Wayne

Archived