Security Installer Community

Bt Revelation

BASS

Thanks Mate but I have got this information it's just trying to understand how to program the with this lol Thanks M8 if you can make head or tail would be great Thanks M8

Bob Freshwaters site info is probably the only info you will find online about the Revelation in terms of programming.

The other link is more dangerous than helpful as it is for a different system with completely different programming access and codes - you could actually screw something up trying to enter Pathway codes for a Revelation. In fact many Pathway owners have downloaded that manual and screwed up their system through not understanding what they were doing as it is.

BT Revelation won't be found on PDF - too old but I have a big old bound paper copy and worked on it for years if members need help with anything.

Simon

Edited by Simon_B

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...

can u make a copy of that manual for me??PLEASE. i would be very thankfull!it's urgent for me :unsure:

Bob Freshwaters site info is probably the only info you will find online about the Revelation in terms of programming.

The other link is more dangerous than helpful as it is for a different system with completely different programming access and codes - you could actually screw something up trying to enter Pathway codes for a Revelation. In fact many Pathway owners have downloaded that manual and screwed up their system through not understanding what they were doing as it is.

BT Revelation won't be found on PDF - too old but I have a big old bound paper copy and worked on it for years if members need help with anything.

Simon

• 6 months later...

Simon

Simon...Hope that you are still using the forum or maybe if anyone else knows??

I have just installed a Revelation in my B&B...I have a system phone in the office, five extensions using BT Converse 1100's one in each of the bedrooms and I intend to use a couple of PBX friendly DECT phones for private use.

Now...Am I just a bit thick or...

I have managed to wire the PBX OK, but found that I needed to use the O/WT bell wire in position C (3) for the Converse phones to ring (does this sound right?? thought you only needed a pair!).

I have checked out a couple of the features such as 'wake up call' etc. and all works on all extensions OK.

The thing that I can't work out is how to stop the bedrooms from making external calls and also how to stop them receiving external calls (unless transferred from the system phone in the office).

Also...If I have the dining room extension taking unanswered calls from the office (in other words, if I am cooking breakfast rather than sitting in the office with my feet up!!), can I then forward that call from a none system phone to another extension?

Hope I've not confused too much??...Steve

Simon...Hope that you are still using the forum or maybe if anyone else knows??

I have just installed a Revelation in my B&B...I have a system phone in the office, five extensions using BT Converse 1100's one in each of the bedrooms and I intend to use a couple of PBX friendly DECT phones for private use.

Now...Am I just a bit thick or...

I have managed to wire the PBX OK, but found that I needed to use the O/WT bell wire in position C (3) for the Converse phones to ring (does this sound right?? thought you only needed a pair!).

I have checked out a couple of the features such as 'wake up call' etc. and all works on all extensions OK.

The thing that I can't work out is how to stop the bedrooms from making external calls and also how to stop them receiving external calls (unless transferred from the system phone in the office).

Also...If I have the dining room extension taking unanswered calls from the office (in other words, if I am cooking breakfast rather than sitting in the office with my feet up!!), can I then forward that call from a none system phone to another extension?

Hope I've not confused too much??...Steve

TBH Steve - I think you need an engineer round to help you.

None of this is technically difficult but if you don't have the engineering manuals or any experience on the switch, you will struggle.

Get rid of the bell wire for the PBX extensions - where is that being fed from anyway ?

Its a PBX, use PBX Master sockets with capacitors inside or use telephones that have internal capicitors (normally Interquartz etc) or alternatively any mains powered phone. Basic UK telecoms stuff - bell wire is of course used in domestic situations to feed extension sockets (secondaries).

Its a pair for POTS (standard phones) or 2-pairs for system featurephones.

Stopping Extensions making external calls > Admin Programming (Class of Service) assign required extensions to class 4.

Stopping Extensions ringing for external calls > Admin Programming (Incoming Ringing) take required extensions out of day/night service ringing group using the Busy Lamp Field (BLF).

Reference the dining room, can you forward calls to another extension - do you mean call transfer to another extension?

If so tehn yes dependant on model of phone and that it has a R (or Recall/Flash key) - UK spec - press R, await internal dialtone then dial required extension, hang-up to transfer call.

Regards

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Thanks for that Simon...I had some BT masters to hand, so fitted them, lost the O/WT wire and all extentions now work well (and quieter) on 2 wires.

Regards the transfer question...If I am working in the kitchen and transferred any extenal inbound calls from the system phone in the office to the phone in the kitchen, can I then transfer those calls received in the kitchen to a room phone or even a dect phone situated in the private side of the house (also an extension on the PBX).

Does the phone in the kitchen need to be a system phone?...Thanks again for your time...Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Simon...

I have just spent an hour or so trying to get my head around the programming side.

I think that I am missing something very simple!!...Please bear with me.

You kindly gave me the information on how to stop certain extentions ringing out and receiving inbound calls (but can still receive internal calls).

I have dialled in the default code 70 followed by 111 and have 'Dial Admin Code' on the display.

What do I tap in next (step by step)?

Sorry to be a pain, but I need to get this done in the next couple of day's (opening my B&B).

Many thanks again...Steve

Thanks Simon...

I have just spent an hour or so trying to get my head around the programming side.

I think that I am missing something very simple!!...Please bear with me.

You kindly gave me the information on how to stop certain extentions ringing out and receiving inbound calls (but can still receive internal calls).

I have dialled in the default code 70 followed by 111 and have 'Dial Admin Code' on the display.

What do I tap in next (step by step)?

Sorry to be a pain, but I need to get this done in the next couple of day's (opening my B&B).

Many thanks again...Steve

There are 2 Levels of programming (Engineer and Admin), and you have just revealed your admin password to all in a public viewable forum, which is probably not a good idea.

Dial Admin Code means - dial the code associated with the programming step you want to change, refer to your BT Revelation Owners manual or "call a man in".

Its going to take me too long to tell you step by step how to do every single one of these changes "step by step", basically if you have no idea of the programming, read your manual (if you have one) or get someone in if it is urgent.

I don't mind pointing you in the right direction but thats a bit of difference from step by step which is going to take me some time to type out to someone with no programming knoweldge at all - and I am not going to do all that in a public forum anyway.

All extension programing is controlled by the BLF lamps (on or off to set the extension).

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Hi again Simon

Sorry...I did not mean you to show me everything to do with the programming...Just an instruction line (>>>) on setting the extensions not to have access to or receive calls from an outside line.

I.E. Dial Admin Code>*****>*****> etc.

Oh...the codes which I gave out on the forum are the factory default codes and not my own.

Thanks again...Steve

• 7 years later...

Hi all

Can anyone help. I have a Revelation 2+6 that has been working without problems for about 10 years. For some reason the system appears to have reset itself. I can obtain an outside line by pressing the line key on the master phone, but when I dial 9, all I get is the engaged tone. I have checked that all extensions are enabled and that the exchange line is presented to extensions, I have also checked config code 50 all lines both incoming and outgoing, PABX access set to 9 on lines 1 and 2. But I just cannot get an outside line by pressing 9.

Please help

Thanks