Security Installer Community

What Now For Initial Fire And Security ?

Stal.

I cant believe that mate ,

Rentokil know what there doing when it comes to buyouts, they aquire companys worldwide every month. The only reason they bought wrights is because they were nationwide,had a good client base and to make the company bigger before they sold up.

Well belive it or not that is what i was told by one of there southern region directors.i quote 'we have had our fingers burnt on the buy out of wrights as we didnt relise the size of the company'..so rentokil may well in 90% of cases know what they are doing when it comes to buy outs but they really shot themselves in the foot with that one and they now are starting to lose some natiional contracts in fact i would say one of there biggest after b and q

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well belive it or not that is what i was told by one of there southern region directors.i quote 'we have had our fingers burnt on the buy out of wrights as we didnt relise the size of the company'..so rentokil may well in 90% of cases know what they are doing when it comes to buy outs but they really shot themselves in the foot with that one and they now are starting to lose some natiional contracts in fact i would say one of there biggest after b and q

They are not the only ones in the industry to get their fingers seriously burnt on buy outs

Lose some, win some. may have just lost B&Q but just won Sally hair and Beauty, Focus, More mitchells and Bulter Pubs and probalbly the best National they got is Argos.

And after all was B&Q really worth the money as it was looked after through SSS ?????? And Initial didnt install most of the systems, alot were done by local companies and the state of some of the Installs I saw.

Also Initial dont base there accounts on the High St natioinals, what about the government stuff they do and the fact that the USA side just won system installer of the year.???

UTC got a bargain if you ask me

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

• 1 month later...

The deadline for the enquiry into UTC takeover of Initial is June 25th.

It is expected that an announcement will be made soon after outlining the details of the merger.

A timescale of 100 days to complete the merger has been put in place by the head of the team working on the acquisition.

UTC - The dawn of a new era !

Guest anguscanplay
They are not the only ones in the industry to get their fingers seriously burnt on buy outs

never learn either , they just bought " Porter " in Sheffield - mainly for the education establishments i believe

never learn either , they just bought " Porter " in Sheffield - mainly for the education establishments i believe

ahh, gardtec bells? wondered why someone offered me some bankrupt stock with there name screened all over it.

yellow box, white lense?

• 2 weeks later...

A meeting is taking place on Tuesday of next week for Initial Regional Managers on the plans for integration. This info will then be fed down to Branch managers on Wednesday / Thursday so by Friday we should all have a better idea of what lies ahead.

The futures bright, the futures Chubb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

UTC - The dawn of a new era !

Chubb Electronic security into Initial(renamed UTC F&S) and Initial Fire into Chubb,

or they may rename it shorrocks again and keep Chubb,Kidde and Shorrocks running along side each other. Most people get three quotes, if they merge it could make it more competitive for themselves.

Wot u reckon??

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

For those that care,

I was told this 2day from Chubb H/O.

Initial ( :bye:) to be rebranded under new name and trade along side Chubb for the forseable future.

Now we can alseep well 2nite.. Keep them ops reports looking good :toot:

Trade Member

Archived